Flat Rock, North Carolina - Henderson County
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, April 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Masters Degree from a post-baccalaureate institution in a discipline area of course work required in programs offered by the College or a Master’s degree with sufficient discipline course work at the Masters level (18 semester hours minimum).
Experience: All persons must provide verifiable and relevant professional experience in a work-place setting or demonstrated instructional/teaching environment. Supervisory experience in a community college setting is preferred.
Knowledge, Attitudes, Aptitudes and Skills:
• Strong personal and professional integrity, work-ethic and a commitment to safety.
• Student-centered mindset.
• Solution-centered mindset, works well in a team setting.
• Ability to foster and maintain a nurturing environment and a department workplace emphasizing institutional core values.
• Knowledge of leadership and management principles and practices.
• Knowledge of laws, statutes, rules, and regulations affecting assigned curriculum programs.
• Knowledge of community college organizational structure including the integration of academic, continuing education, and student services programs.
• Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
• Ability to operate a PC and related software.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with community organizations, high school partners, businesses, college staff, and the general public.
• Ability to provide leadership in an environment characterized by significant and constant change.
• Flexible schedule- is available in the evenings and on weekends as needed.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact