Closes: Sunday, May 16, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
These qualifications, skills, and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, the candidate will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in implementing best practices in student success and retention strategies in higher education
- Experience with creating systems of accountability through assessment, use of data, report production, or other methods
- Supervisory experience
- Budget and personnel management experience
- Ability to address equity and inclusion as a priority in decision making and coordinating teams
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others
- Effective written/oral communication
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality control
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications.
- Master’s degree in business, education, management, training & development, strategic planning, research, mathematics, statistics, data science, or related field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Three years of experience in project management, research, strategic analyses, institutional effectiveness, accreditation, performance improvement, and/or institutional research
- Experience with instruction, development and/or assessment of programs and services
- Experience in the use of data collection and analysis for organizational decision-making and planning
- Ability to develop measurable outcomes and assessment strategies to formulate data-informed decisions
- Evidence of success as an advocate of institutional change
- Knowledge of higher education retention research and college completion agenda
- Evidence of collaboration and innovation
- Demonstrated ability in creating and promoting learning-centered student initiatives in higher education
- Experience in writing in an educational setting, such as with accreditation, grants, reporting
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to develop and apply flexibility, resourcefulness, and creative approaches to unique problems
- Understanding of college-wide context as related to initiatives and innovations
The Dean, Institutional Effectiveness and Innovation is responsible for: providing research, design, evaluation and planning services; leading the accreditation process; facilitating college-wide strategic planning functions; and exploring new opportunities to bring creative and innovative best practices to Davidson-Davie Community College to impact student success. The Dean reports to the Executive Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs and serves as the College’s Accreditation Liaison to the Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Davidson-Davie Community College is an award-winning institution known for a commitment to excellence and student success. The college community is dedicated to providing a high quality education designed to prepare students to live and work in an increasingly interconnected world. To this end, the institution celebrates the value of a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Davidson-Davie faculty and staff are passionate about equity and our responsibility to work with each unique student to support them in successfully attaining their goals.
The College's benefits and other resources make it possible to excel both professionally and personally. We are a dynamic community that supports and celebrates the success of all of its members. The future is here!
Provides leadership that enables the college to meet its mission and maintain its accreditation by applying advanced knowledge of planning principles, institutional research methodologies, complex statistical analyses, survey design and administration, and best practices of outcome assessment to monitor institutional effectiveness and continuous improvement
Facilitates grant development by assisting principal investigators, faculty, staff and consultants in pursuing public and private funding sources that align with the mission and goals of the College
Seeks out and leads the development of new creative and innovative ideas/initiatives that enhance student success
Fosters innovation and quality improvement through effective coordination, development, implementation and assessment of college-wide innovations and initiatives
Serves as the College’s accreditation liaison to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and direct all efforts related to reaffirmation, reporting substantive changes, and meeting other requirements to maintain compliance with the Principles of Accreditation
Provides leadership, organization and expertise for the College’s multi-year and annual strategic planning processes
Provides supervision for Institutional Research staff
Works collaboratively across the College to ensure a student-centered philosophy in teaching, learning and student life, while also ensuring that assessment methods accurately measure identified goals
Facilitates and provides expertise for the College’s program and service review process ensuring timely, accurate and consistent procedures designed to improve student success and institutional effectiveness
Oversees the reporting of state and federal data for the College and collaborates with faculty and staff to use the results of the data to improve programs and services
Responds to external and internal requests for information
Maintains high level of sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds
Supports the mission, vision, and values of the College and attends College events and meetings