Closes: Friday, October 5, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree required, preferably in higher education, research, or a curriculum discipline area.
- Experienced in a variety of Microsoft Excel functions to create reports or to analyze data.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Preference given to candidates with a minimum of five years of administrative experience in a post secondary institution and experience in assessment, accreditation, strategic planning, educational research and regulation and compliance reporting.
Sandhills Community College seeks applications for a Dean of Planning and Research. This position is responsible for facilitating institutional effectiveness in all divisions of the institution, managing regional accreditation requirements, completing new program planning, reporting to internal and external stakeholders, and conducting institutional research. The Dean of Planning and Research facilitates all functions related to the institutional effectiveness process, which includes assessment, evaluation, and planning for all units on campus throughout the planning cycle. In addition, the Dean authors several institutional documents including the College Strategic Plan and Campus Wide Outcomes documents. Sandhills Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on College (SACSCOC), and the Dean serves as the college’s liaison.
Reporting to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Dean supervises two full-time staff, a Data Specialist and an Assessment and Evaluation Specialist. The office is the campus’ primary source for research, accreditation, assessment, evaluation, survey administration, and strategic planning.