Closes: Monday, May 16, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum degree required for academic subject area based on SACSCOC faculty criteria. Bachelor degree in humanities, psychology /sociology, communication or related field is required. Experience in creating innovative forms of teaching.
Master’s degree in subject area specific to Bladen Community College and supervisory experience are preferred. Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
The dean is responsible for providing exemplary collaborative leadership. The dean will make data-informed decisions; will supervise and evaluate assigned personnel; will manage and prepare departmental budgets; will implement initiatives to continuously improve the college’s effort for recruitment, student retention and completion. This dean reports to the vice president of instructional services and will foster engaged learning through cross-divisional core knowledge identification and through the creation of cooperative learning events.
The dean for PLC is primarily responsible for identifying core knowledge/competencies and making recommendations for all instructional areas while developing faculty to foster student potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Encourage and promote innovative practices
- Monitor and assess outcomes and initiate action plan to improve performance(s)
- Develop, monitor and assist faculty/staff with budget management; Ensure adequate materials and equipment for optimal performance
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation/mentoring activities
- Encourage, guide, and coordinate professional development opportunities
- Implement and enforce policies and procedures appropriate to the area of responsibility
- Conduct regular meetings with faculty/staff and coordinators
- Knowledge of policy and procedures of NCCCS and applicable federal rules and regulations, current instructional standards
- Serve on college committees and actively participate in meetings
- Participate in student recruitment activities
- Conduct annual evaluation of direct reports
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all duties of an instructor with one course per semester load
- Identify and create educational courses/programs
- Assist faculty/coordinators with imbedding core knowledge; facilitate program evaluations and conduct program reviews
- Develop course schedules in collaboration with the associate vice president of instructional operations
- Maintain national accreditation standards for accredited programs
- Recruit qualified instructors for instructional programs
- Facilitate active advisory committee participation
- Ensure faculty have the tools and resource to create collaborative, engaging learning events
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Coordinators, faculty, and/or staff within their area