RCC Main Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A minimum of a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, with at least 18 graduate semester hours in a related teaching area, and relevant administrative experience. Teaching experience desired. Minimum of 5 yrs.working with business and industry required. Minimum of 3 yrs.of supervisory experience required.
Same as minimum.
- Providing program leadership that supports the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the College.
- Developing, implementating, evaluating, and managing assigned academic programs, schedules, services, budget, and employees.
- Providing leadership in curriculum, academic assessment, strategic planning, and budgeting.
- Establishing partnerships with business and industry in an effort to increase exposure and opportunities for students and the technical programs.
- Reviewing, evaluating, and assessing program area goals, student learning outcomes, and course offerings periodically, facilitating innovation in curricular and instructional development in keeping with the mission and vision of the College.
- Coordinating retention strategies with the appropriate program faculty, other Department Chairs, Program Directors, appropriate administration, and Student Services personnel to maximize student retention.
- Fostering collaborative working relationships with internal and external counterparts to communicate and coordinate initiatives that support College and instructional goals.
- Providing oversight of program area(s) when program directors/department chairs have a term of employment less than 12 months.
- Teaching assigned course(s) – Up to 6 contact hours per semester.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President for Instruction, Vice-President for Instruction and Student Support Services, and/or the President of Robeson Community College.
Includes the following academic programs: Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology, Electrical Systems Technology, Industrial Systems Technology, Mechatronics Engineering Technology, Welding Technology, Baking and Pastry Arts, Cosmetology, Criminal Justice Technology, Culinary Arts, Early Childhood Education, Associate in Science in Teacher Preparation, Associate in Arts in Teacher Preparation, Accounting and Finance, Business Administration, Hospitality Management, Information Technology- Cyber Security and Network Management, Information Technology- Simulation & Game Development, Medical Office Administration.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should complete a RCC Application for Employment (robeson.edu/hr) and submit a professional resume, a photocopy of Official transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality testing as part of the selection process.
CONTACT: Ms. Sally Carr – Director of Human Resources
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28358