Dental Assisting Adjunct Instructor Dentist - Health Sciences Curriculum
Wilkes Community College, Herring Hall - Wilkesboro, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Graduate of an accredited dental program. Dentist with a minimum of a Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree (DDS) or Doctor of Medical Dentistry Degree (DMD)
2. North Carolina Dental License.
3. Current Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider certification.
4. DEA license.
Experience working in a community college environment.
WCC is seeking a candidate who can bring their strengths and skills to guide our students and assist them as they transition into their new dental assisting careers. The ideal person will possess a passion for dentistry, a love for the community, and the desire to see their students succeed with confidence, respect, and dignity.An instructor in this position will perform clinical dentistry and provide instruction regarding clinical dentistry for dental assisting students. This individual must possess the knowledge and skills to teach and supervise students in clinical settings.
- Participate in assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation activities to improve the instructional quality of the program.
- Review, critique and evaluate x-rays for students, especially pathology consultation.
- Provide dental care for a variety of patients within the Dental Assisting Clinic.
- Supervise students in lab and clinical environments incorporating knowledge, expertise and flexibility to ensure safety and student learning.
- Collaborate with departmental personnel in curriculum revisions/updates which reflect changing trends, information and technologies and ensure compliance with the Standards of the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association, the Department of Community Colleges approved standards for the curriculum and the Criteria of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Abide by policies, standards, goals and objectives of the College and Department
- Organize clinical/lab site for practical and technical instruction, including demonstration of skills required in the profession
- Provide instruction of clinical skills
- Facilitate student practice of clinical skills
- Assess students’ clinical skills/competencies
- Report skills/competency assessment results to the Clinical Coordinator, following expected guidelines
- Enforces lab area protocols, rules and regulations; maintains discipline; utilizes effective time management for clinical instruction
- Maintain a clean and orderly lab and clinical area, ensuring that waste is disposed of according to Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) policies and procedures
- Maintain a HIPAA compliant learning environment
How to Apply
Job Post Contact