- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate in Applied Science in Dental Hygiene.
- Current RDH licensure (Dental Hygiene Pool Positions)
- DANB Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) (Dental Assisting Pool Positions)
- Dental Assistant II classification per NC Board of Dental Examiners standards. (http://www.ncdentalboard.org/dental_assisting.htm)
- Minimum three years professional experience as a practicing dental hygiene and/or dental assistant in a clinical setting. Background in and current knowledge of dental assisting concepts and technologies.
- Current CPR, health care provider immunizations.
- Experience teaching at the community college level or experience in developing and/or administering dental assisting and/or dental hygiene training in a professional or academic setting.
- Knowledge of educational theory and methodology: curriculum development, learning strategies, test construction, measurement and evaluation.
- Experience working with ADA Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) standards and with Dental Assisting National Board (DANB).
This position is Open Until Filled.
The successful candidate will plan, implement and instruct course content in a student-centered learning environment. The anticipated schedule is two days each week for 6 to 8 hours each day. The scheduled days will vary by semester.