Closes: Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Medical Assisting, or related degree, OR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and two years of office management experience, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- College certification in office administration with experience in a healthcare/dental office environment.
- Advanced computer and office equipment skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
The Central Carolina Community College 2015-2019 Strategic Plan lists "Learning First" as the primary institutional goal. All faculty and staff are empowered as educators, committed to responsibility for the learning process.
Central Carolina Community College is recruiting for a Dental Programs Administrative Assistant to support the team of patient, student, dental hygiene and dental assisting faculty, and dentist. The Dental Programs Administrative Assistant serves a unique role of not only providing support to program faculty, but to also support the requirements of a fully functioning dental hygiene clinic. Additionally, in association with the Program Director, the position provides input for program assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation related to the clinical environment. Supports the ADA and CODA standards in operating the clinical program as well as the objectives and mission of the institution.
- Copy, collate, and staple course materials for instructors
- Prepare correspondence (esp. as related to Advisory Committee)
- Record meeting minutes
- Fax retrieve faxed documents
- Accept carrier shipment and send out mailed materials
- Answer phone and make phone calls for college related issues including phone calls to patients participating in the dental hygiene clinic
- Prepare emails for college related issues
- Order office supplies
- Prepare office related forms, make copies, send copy requests to the copy center
- Maintain filing system, maintain printers, maintain copiers
- Answer the phone for patient appointments, information requests, and cancelations –and make these changes in the schedule for 18 students (fall and summer semesters) and 36 students (spring semester)
- Review the schedule for accuracy
- Check signed digital medical histories by the students for each patient
- Work with hygiene students to help train them in front office responsibilities, scanning, and office related sections of program software
- Work in the front office on clinic days-- check in patients, make sure paperwork is filled out, make sure there are plenty of patient packets, and copies of clinic and competency forms
- Scan in new patient paperwork to computer charts
- Email or copy patient radiographs upon request
- Complete Patient Call List Information Form for potential patients and provide paperwork for walk-in patients
- Trouble shoot equipment and computer problems
- Contact IT or Patterson Dental for repair needs and follow up with the repair visits and the resulting charges
- Affect repairs on computer connections if possible
- Responsible for software upgrade scheduling for all the computers
- Handle all the dosimeter ordering, distribution, and correspondence/edits/additions/deletions on a monthly basis
REQUISITION/ACCOUNTS PAYABLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare requisitions for clinic, lab, and office supplies based on instructors order requests and send them in for processing
- Maintain an order form system/sheet that helps keep track of items being ordered
- Retrieve orders, inventory the items, and send the packing slips/invoices to accounts payable
- Assist accounts payable as needed with bill processing questions
- Maintain an inventory log of items that have been purchased to provide historical data on costs and trends in ordering
- Update ordering/inventory protocol
- Utilize S-drive for storage of documents
- Maintain physical plant responsibilities related to locking and unlocking of the building
- Maintain appropriate temperature settings
- Ensure all equipment is shut down
- Communicate with repair and maintenance persons building needs
- Communicate with college maintenance for other repairs and servicing of equipment
STUDENT AND FACULTY RECORDS:
- Maintain student records for completeness, and notifying instructors when student records need updating (such as TB tests, CPR, completeness of medical histories) in the electronic storage system
- Make sure the information students bring in to document requirements is entered in a spreadsheet and into files
- Assist instructors by running reports on Datatel to advise students
- Maintain faculty records such as CPR and TB tests and remind for updates
- Assist students with any problem or questions concerning program responsibilities
- Assist students with patient needs such as scheduling and paperwork for records
- Assist instructor with equipment needs, catering or purchases, invitations and programs
- Help with scheduling and setting up meeting spaces for pinning ceremonies, CODA and SACS visits
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned