Wilmington - Downtown Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, August 2, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Organizational and management practices as applied to the planning, analysis and evaluation of programs, policies and operational needs.
- Principles and practices of budget preparation and administration.
- Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Principles and procedures of academic and instructional program development and administration in the area of assignment.
- Principles and practices of curriculum development and instructional strategies.
- Current trends, research and development in the area of assignment.
- Principles and practices of accreditation processes and procedures
- Interpret and apply college goals, objectives, policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Analyze problems; identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Select, supervise, train and evaluate instructional staff.
- Effectively direct the provisions of the academic area to which assigned in support of the college programs.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Oversee the preparation and administration of a departmental budget.
- Conduct committee meetings in an effective and efficient manner.
Maintain effective audiovisual discrimination and perception needed for:
- making observations
- reading and writing
- communicating with others
- operating assigned equipment
- handling varied tasks simultaneously
Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following:
- standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- operating assigned equipment
- Handling varied tasks simultaneously
Bending, stooping, climbing, or lifting up to 50 pounds
Maintain mental capacity, which allows the capability of:
- making sound decisions
- evaluating the effectiveness of programs and personnel
- demonstrating intellectual capabilities
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- A Master’s Degree in a related Allied Health, Human Services, or Health Sciences discipline or a master’s degree and 18 graduate hours from an accredited college or university in a related Allied Health, Human Services, or Health Sciences teaching discipline.
- Four years of increasingly responsible experience with responsibility for academic and instructional programs in an administrative capacity, including at least five years of experience in teaching at a post-secondary level.
To lead, direct, manage, supervise, plan, and coordinate the Allied Health and Human Services programs for the college; to coordinate assigned activities with other college programs divisions, departments and campuses and outside agencies; and to provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the dean of Health and Human Services. Full time, 40-hour work week.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Receives supervision from Dean of Health and Human Services
- Exercises direct and indirect supervision over instructors and administrative staff support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
ESSENTIAL AND OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS STATEMENTS:
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership and management responsibility for workforce preparation in Allied Health/Human Services programs and activities that incorporate current technology and effective methods of instruction that meet the needs of employers.
- Plan, direct, and participate in the instruction for Allied Health/Human Services; develop supplemental materials and tests; maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance.
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for Allied Health/Human Services programs including curriculum development and instructional coordination; recommend, within departmental policy, appropriate service and staffing levels; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; assess and monitor work load, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities for improvement and review with the Dean of Health and Human Services.
- Coordinate with program directors to select, train, motivate and evaluate department faculty and staff; provide or coordinate professional development of faculty and staff; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for Allied Health/Human Services; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Coordinate and participate in the development and administration of the Allied Health/Human Services programs annual budget; direct the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; direct the monitoring of and approve expenditures; direct and implement adjustments as necessary.
- Serve as liaison for Allied Health/Human Services programs with other college departments, division, agencies, industries, organizations, and the media.
- Recruit, interview, evaluate, and hire Allied Health/Human Services instructors; develop and draft instructor contracts and necessary materials for instructors.
- Develop, coordinate and implement faculty schedules to ensure an equitable allocation of course assignments; assign division office space.
- Provide direction for the development, implementation and review of curriculum courses and programs.
- Monitor accreditation compliance for Allied Health/Human Services program
Other Important Functions:
- Assess materials, supplies, and equipment needs for Allied Health/Human Services programs; submit requisitions for the ordering of supplies; maintain an inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Serve on a variety of committees and study groups; research and develop recommendations related to academic and instructional programs.
- Coordinate the academic program efforts to recruit and retain students; coordinate the development, review, and revision of program publications, publicity and other community relations’ activities.
- Coordinate activities with student services in the implementation of CFCC Health and Human Sciences admission, progression, and graduation policies.
- Coordinate the selection, use and maintenance of equipment and facilities assigned to the program; may identify, negotiate and contract for educational facilities and locations.
- Represent the college to the community and outside organizations.
- Provide guidance and advice to students and provides a minimum of five posted office hours per week for student conferences.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of Health and Human Services.
How to Apply
Cape Fear Community College offers a competitive benefit package to include affordable insurance, retirement, and many optional benefits to choose from. Our benefits aim to serve the needs of our full-time employees through comprehensive health, wellness, and retirement benefits. Visit our Benefits page for more information.
- State Health Plan
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Additional Supplemental Insurances
- Disability Plan
- NC Retirement Plan (TSERS)
- Leave (Vacation, Sick, FMLA, Civil and Military, and Voluntary Shared)
- Paid Holidays
- Credit for eligible Prior State Service
- Supplemental Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity pay
HOW TO APPLY SECTION
Submit an Application through the Cape Fear Community College Careers page, along with a current resume, explanatory cover letter, and unofficial/official transcript documentation. This position REQUIRES UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND/OR TRAINING CERTIFICATIONS be submitted in addition to the application. Please have these documents ready to upload when applying.