VGCC - Main Campus
(Other campuses as needed)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college in Mechatronics or Industrial Engineering or a related discipline.
2. Must be eligible to teach Mechatronics Engineering courses.
3. At least 3 years supervisory experience.
4. Must have teaching experience.
Master’s Degree with at least 18 graduate hours in Mechatronics or Industrial Engineering or a related discipline.
• Oversee multiple disciplines/programs and directly supervise assigned faculty (full-time and part-time)
• Assists in the selection, orientation, and supervision of new full-time and part-time faculty at all campus locations.
• Investigate, develop, and apply for new disciplines/programs according to college and NCCCS requirements and standards
• Ensure SACSCOC compliance and assist with SACSCOC documents to include coordination, development and assessment of program outcomes and Student Learning Outcomes and uses these results to make program or other instructional improvements.
• Coordinates all instructional activities within the department to include but not be limited to:
o Developing core course syllabi and ongoing maintenance to ensure that syllabi are current and forwarded to academic dean for approval and posting to the department’s network folder and Adjunct Faculty Portal.
o Preparing semester class schedules in collaboration with all constituents served.
o Selecting and requisitioning of textbooks and related materials for all campuses and related entities such as the LRC and bookstore.
o Making recommendations to the academic/campus dean concerning the development and expansion of courses and/or the program and the supervision of any expansion.
o Encouraging and supporting innovative teaching techniques among faculty.
• Create, evaluate and implement recruiting activities within the assigned department
• Engage and maintain community relationships in furtherance of the College’s stated mission
• Coordinates and participates in activities with Student Services, Student Learning and Success, and Enrollment and Outreach in the recruitment, screening and selection of students for the program/department.
• Collaborate with other areas of the college including Continuing Education and other academic divisions to promote student success and increase student opportunities.
• Monitor all disciplines/programs within the department for changes at the NCCCSlevel (i.e. changes in the CCL, Curriculum Standards, etc…)
• Address and resolve student and employee issues as part of the chain of command for complaints and/or appeals as well as for employee performance issues
• Maintains assigned teaching responsibilities.
• Responsible for regularly reviewing and reconciling fiscal budgets within the department including but not limited to:
o Submit requisitions and maintain inventory for supplies, equipment, books, repairs, etc.
o Plan for, request, and disburse operational, travel, and other funds legally, responsibly, and fairly within given budget limitations.
• Assist in program review processes; ensure successful accreditation; and facilitate activities within the department to seamlessly integrate department goals with all-college goals
• Serves as an advisor to students and provides a minimum of five posted office hours per week for student conferences. During registration these hours will be extended at the discretion of the Academic/Campus Dean.
• Maintain appropriate records of course syllabi, evaluations, and schedules of staff and faculty supervised
• Ensure instructor teaching load averages are within acceptable ranges as established by the Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual
• Actively participate in scheduled meetings, assigned institutional committees, and college initiatives and activities
• Engage in a program of professional development
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Dean
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance-Granville Community College
Human Resources Department
252-492-2061 Ext. 3440