Closes: Sunday, June 20, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Current unrestricted license as a registered nurse
- 3 years full-time experience as a registered nurse.
- North Carolina Board of Nursing Teaching and Learning requirement or approved plan to meet within three years of hire date.
- Minimum of 3 years full-time experience in the discipline required and 3 years of post-secondary teaching experience in a school of nursing.
- Experience providing didactic, SimLab, and clinical supervision.
- Experience with assessment program outcomes and student learning outcomes.
- Experience with the completion of program reviews.
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems.
- Use of computer software
The Department Chair of Nursing is responsible for the oversight of the Associate Degree, Practical, RIBN, and Transition Nursing programs. The Department Chair will work collaboratively with the Program Heads for Nursing, the Lead Instructors for Nursing, and the full and part-time faculty members for Nursing. The Department Chair will provide effective instruction in all classes by implementing active learning strategies and focusing on student learning outcomes by fostering a quality teaching and learning environment that supports equitable outcomes for all students. This position is a 12-month position and reports to the Dean of Health Sciences.
- Collaborate with the Program Heads regarding planning, coordination, and implementation of the Nursing programs.
- Instruct in NUR courses.
- Serve as a faculty advisor for students in the Nursing programs.
- Plan and coordinate student orientation sessions for the Nursing programs.
- Work collaboratively with the college Admissions and Student Success Departments to revise Admissions documents for the Nursing programs and to select students for acceptance into the program.
- Send acceptance letters to newly admitted, re-entry, and advanced placement students as appropriate and receive admissions documents related to students admitted to the Nursing programs.
- Monitor required student immunization records and professional certifications (CPR) and communicate with students regarding updates needed.
- Evaluate the Nursing programs and NUR courses, including but not limited to, course completion, program retention, licensing exam pass rate, and job placement.
- Work with a diverse group of students by promoting an inclusive, culturally responsive, and equitable environment.
- Conduct classroom and clinical visits.
- Complete annual evaluations on full and part-time faculty.
- Communicate with students applying to and enrolled in the Nursing programs.
- Attend Departmental committees and serve as chair if needed.
- Conduct Nursing Department Faculty meetings.
- Discuss student issues (academic, attendance, behavior, cheating, and plagiarism) in the Nursing programs with the Dean of Health Sciences as soon as possible.
- Maintain suitable class records related to the Nursing programs, including those required by the Board of Nursing.
- Maintain a minimum of five posted office hours per week for student conferences. These hours may be extended during registration or other time periods.
- Regularly participate as a member of assigned institutional committees and attend scheduled program/department meetings.
- Participate in professional development, specifically related, but not limited to, program administration, development, and evaluation.
- Perform community service activities. Participate in student recruitment efforts as directed.
- Experiment with new, innovative teaching techniques.
- Obtain and maintain certification in online delivery systems as required by the college.
- Demonstrate proficiency in technology.
- Actively engage in clinic, lab, and clinic.
- Focus on innovation and growth as they relate to the faculty, students, programs, and the school.
- Participate in college-wide collaboration to support innovative initiatives across all schools.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Academic/Campus Dean.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact