- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Active, unrestricted PT license or PTA license in any United States jurisdiction and ability to obtain North Carolina licensure.
Minimum of a master’s degree from an accredited university.
Minimum of five years, full-time, post licensure experience that includes a minimum of three years of full-time clinical experience.
Classroom, lab, or clinical teaching experience.
Experience in administration, management, and leadership. Experience derived from the clinic is acceptable.
Communication, both oral and written, and computer skills necessary
Doctoral Degree from an accredited university.
Professional development and/or education in ALL of the following: educational theory and methodology, instructional design, student evaluation, and outcome assessment.
Teaching experience at a community college or four-year university.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate all aspects of the Physical Therapist Assistant Program.
- Maintain Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) accreditation by ensuring the program meets CAPTE PTA Standards and Required Elements.
- Develop and deliver engaging lectures, presentations, and interactive classroom activities related to physical therapist assistants.
- Incorporate latest instructional technologies and interactive learning strategies in course delivery.
- Coordinate and oversee laboratory activities, including demonstrations and hands-on training exercises, to reinforce theoretical concepts and develop practical skills.
- Coordinate and supervise student clinical rotations in healthcare facilities to provide real-world experience and ensure compliance with program requirements.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to students, promoting their professional growth and success.
- Create and update course syllabi, lesson plans, and instructional materials to align with industry standards and educational objectives.
- Assess student performance through assignments, exams, and practical evaluations, providing constructive feedback and support.
- Teach clinical and laboratory courses, ensuring effective delivery of curriculum and adherence to program requirements.
- Teach face-to-face classes to include days, evenings, and weekends both on and off campus.
- Teach online classes as needed by the Department.
- Participate in recruitment events, career fairs, open houses, and information sessions to engage with prospective students and provide information about the program.
- Collaborate with program faculty to identify and address any curriculum or instructional issues that may impact student retention.
- Develop and implement strategies to monitor and improve student retention rates within the Physical Therapist Assistant program.
- Collaborate with colleagues and industry professionals to stay current with advancements in physical therapy and industry trends, ensuring that the program remains relevant and responsive to evolving industry needs.
- Participate in curriculum development and revision, ensuring program relevancy and compliance with accreditation standards.
- Advise and assist students in course selection, academic planning, and career development.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that encourages student engagement, critical thinking, and collaboration.
- Engage in professional development activities to enhance teaching skills and maintain expertise in the physical therapy field.
- Collaborate with community partners and industry stakeholders to facilitate student internships, externships, and employment opportunities.
- Identify and recruit potential faculty, supervise and mentor program faculty, and provide initial orientation and training to new full-time and part-time hires.
- Provide quality customer service to students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide input to the Dean of Allied Health on departmental budget needs to include part-time salaries, supplies, equipment, travel and other costs.
- Monitor all expenditures for cost effectiveness and efficiency of program operations.
- Contribute to the college’s committees, initiatives, and events, promoting a culture of continuous improvement and student success.
- Other duties as explained in the job description for Coordinator in section IV-8.1 of the Organizational Handbook.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact