- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, October 12, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice or a Master’s Degree in a related field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Criminal Justice from a regionally accredited institution. Five (5) years relevant experience required. General Law Enforcement Instructor Certification required.
Responsible for the implementation and supervision of educational programs in the respective curriculum area. Responsible for recommending, planning, and development of new programs and the evaluation and upgrading of ongoing programs.
· Establish annual departmental objectives.
· Coordinate and prepare curriculum semester schedules
· Recommend budget priorities for curricula in respective department.
· Manage department budget allocations.
· Follow personnel procedures in the selection of full‑time and part‑time faculty and make recommendations to the Associate Vice President and Chief Program Officer.
· Communicate and coordinate activities with the other institutional departments and with department related agencies outside the institution.
· Recommend annually members to serve on program advisory committees.
· Ensure the effective functioning of advisory committees for the programs within the department and to meet with program advisory committees at least once each year.
· Assess community needs and to assist the Associate Vice President and Chief Program Officer in the planning and development of new programs and evaluation of new and ongoing
· Conduct periodic assessments and make appropriate adjustments to ensure high quality instruction.
· Supervise faculty advisement, including placement of students in courses and programs.
· Supervise and evaluate personnel in the department and make appropriate recommendations to the Associate Vice President and Chief Program Officer.
· Responsible for matters of internal control, including equipment inventory, supplies, approval of textbooks, travel, supervision of work-study students, and approval of all types of leaves and arrangements for leaves and staff development activities.
· Coordinate public relation efforts with the Associate Vice President and Chief Program Officer and the Associate Vice-President of Institutional Advancement.
· Initiate and ensure implementation of formal evaluation of programs within the department.
· Maintain knowledge of DOC and NCCCS regulations regarding inmate education in correctional settings and relate this information to the Associate Vice President and Chief Program Officer.
·Perform those functions listed under the instructor’s job description and serve on committees.
· Maintain other status as School Director or Qualified Assistant as determined by the College.
· Stay current on all rules and regulations relating to BLET, in-service law enforcement, Department of Correction, Fire and EMS training.
· Monitor Continuing Education Coordinators within the Public and Safety Services Department to insure all areas are within compliance with college policy.
· Communicate with the Dean of Continuing Education on a regular basis.
Job Post Contact
All applicants must complete a Nash Community College Employment Application and submit it along with, where applicable, college transcripts to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 7488
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Fax number: 252-451-8201
Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org