- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, October 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a program within the Public Service department.
- Four or more years of administrative experience inside or outside an academic setting.
- Two or more years’ experience in teaching and/or counseling at a post-secondary level
- A master’s degree is preferred (Required if teaching college transfer course).
To coordinate, plan and review the educational services of the Public Service Department; to coordinate activities with other college programs, departments, campuses and outside agencies; and to provide responsible and administrative support to the Dean of Career and Technical Education; to serve as a liaison between the Public Service Department and the school. Full time position requires 40 hours per week on campus.
- Teach one class in fall and spring semesters.
- Develop, plan, implement and administer the goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures regarding the Public Service Department; approve new or modified systems, policies and procedures
- Coordinate and participate in the development and administration of the Public Service Department budget; recommend funding for equipment, materials, and supplies; recommend staffing needs; monitor and approve expenditures and monthly budget; institute adjustments to budget as needed
- Direct, oversee and participate in the development of the departmental work plan; develop and assign instructors, classes and room schedules; plan and implement departmental advising and registration schedules;
- Coordinate the hiring process for instructional and support personnel; perform annual evaluation of instructional and support personnel according to school procedure; provide or coordinate departmental professional development training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; maintain adherence to the school employment policy manual.
- Provide direction for the development, implementation and review of curriculum courses, and programs within the department.
- Provide direction and oversees the SPOL objectives for each of the department programs.
- Reviews all department Blackboard sections to ensure compliance with Universal Navigation Design (UND) requirements. Reviews Blackboard course content to ensure quality of instruction.
- Addresses issues that may arise between students, instructors or any complaints on department personnel.
- Provide direction for the development and implementation of new programs of study within the department.