- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, November 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree from regionally accredited institution with at least 18 graduate hours in Criminal Justice. Required academic credentials or licensure/certification from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three years of supervisory/managerial experience in higher education.
- Knowledge of programmatic accreditation and regulatory agency requirements and accreditation standards.
- Knowledge of institutional effectiveness, institutional planning and assessment.
- Knowledge of workforce development continuing education programs.
- Experience in online instruction and course development.
- Treats others respectfully and creates a workplace environment of high integrity and professionalism.
- Skill in problem solving and working in team environments.
- Flexible work schedule.
see minimum qualifications
The Department Chair for Public Service Technologies within the division of Health Sciences and Public Services Technologies, is responsible for supervision, planning, management and evaluation of the department's programs and courses within the areas of study related to assigned area of responsibility in collaboration with the Dean. The Department Chair will maintain a teaching load to maintain relevancy in teaching and learning. This position will ensure the coordination and management of program operations following policies and procedures within the Division and the College. They will work in collaboration with both internal and external partners to facilitate educational opportunities and curriculum development relevant to workforce needs.
Department Chairs/Program Directors are professional, credentialed educators with the primary responsibility of providing administrative leadership for assigned credit and non-credit programs and providing a quality learning experience for Rockingham Community College (RCC) students in the respective programs. This position will provide supervision for Basic Law Enforcement Training, Criminal Justice Technology, Fire and Rescue Services and Law Enforcement Services.