- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the Institution and the Nursing Program. Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Able to teach in various delivery modes. Willing to accept day and/or evening teaching assignments and teaching assignments at other locations as needed by the Institution. This position requires knowledge of current Nursing practice for both the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, and Certified Nursing Assistant, as well as knowledge of the North Carolina Board of Nursing Rules and Laws related to Nursing Education.
Minimum Education and Experience: Program Director requirements:
(1) Hold a current unrestricted license or multistate licensure privilege to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina;
(2) Have two years of full-time experience as a faculty member in a board approved nursing program;
(3) Be experientially qualified to lead the program to accomplish the mission, goals, and expected program outcomes;
(4) Hold a graduate degree in nursing (MSN) from a regionally accredited institution;
(5) Have preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, appropriate to assignment, as defined by the NC Board of Nursing.
(6) Maintain competence in the areas of assigned responsibility; and
(7) Have current knowledge of components of the nursing practice for the registered nurse and the licensed practical nurse.
Higher Education teaching experience preferred.
A Department Chairperson is responsible to the appropriate Dean and the Vice President for Instruction/Chief Academic Officer and works in concert with Lead Instructors and Instructors in the department to provide effective instructional programs within that department. Department Chairpersons will receive a course load reduction.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Application maybe obtained and filed online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/richmondcc?page=2
OPEN UNTIL FILLED