133 James Sprunt Dr. Kenansville, NC 28349
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's degree in nursing from an accredited institution. Current unrestricted license as a registered nurse in North Carolina.
Two years' teaching experience at or above the associate degree level in a Board-approved nursing program. Two years prior to employment in direct patient care as a registered nurse. Some community college experience as a faculty member in a nursing program. Some academic or nursing leadership experience.
Bilingual; Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
Considerable direct patient care experience and teaching experience in Associate or Baccalaureate degree nursing programs. Considerable community college experience. Considerate experience in the development and delivery of adult education programs and services
MINIMUM SALARY: $4,710 PER MONTH
MAXIMUM SALARY: DEPENDENT UPON QUALIFICATIONS
Provide leadership and supervision for programs and policies; coordinate the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all health education courses as well as personnel in the Health Education Department; schedule courses, participate in the development of the department budget; coordinate expenditures and monitor departmental budgets; approve supply and equipment requests, recruit and retain faculty, evaluate programs and faculty, coordinate program activities with external credentialing agencies; supervise student admissions for Health Education programs. Responsible for the overall effectiveness of all programs in the Health Education Department (Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing Education). The work is performed under the supervision of the Executive Vice President of Curriculum Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise faculty and staff to ensure instructional excellence.
- Coordinate departmental schedules and course offerings for required courses.
- Approve departmental faculty and staff travel and leave.
- Develop faculty schedules.
- Approve and request supplies, equipment, textbooks, and other materials.
- Evaluate departmental faculty and staff annually.
- Coordinate evaluations of programs and services.
- Maintain an appropriate environment conducive to faculty performance.
- Assure that programs are current, abreast of technology.
- Assure that programs comply with state and national accreditation standards.
- Recruit and retain full and part-time faculty.
- Develop, submit, evaluate, and monitor the departmental budget using the JSCC Budget Planning Process.
- Participate in and support professional development activities of faculty and staff.
- Coordinate meetings of the departmental advisory committee.
- Teach classes as assigned.
- Assist faculty in the development and revision of curriculum materials and evaluation of students.
- Participate in career days, recruitment, guest lectures, and other College activities when requested.
- Conduct Health Education departmental and individual program faculty meetings.
- Advise students, hear student appeals and grievances, coordinate department registration and pre-registration, and special activities.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the departmental components of the JSCC Institutional Effectiveness Plan.
- Maintain effective relationships with clinical and community agencies for activities involving faculty, staff, and students.
- Inform staff and implement JSCC policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance and information as needed in preparation for external funding proposals.
- Prepare and submit reports requested by the College and external credentialing Board (s).
- Maintain records related to the Health Education department.
- Coordinate the Departmental activities with other areas/departments of the College.
- Communicate and coordinate activities with the appropriate administrator(s) and faculty/staff.
- Assist with equipment and software maintenance.
- Acquire computer/technology competencies as appropriate to the position.
- Maintain security of personal computer access.
- Perform other professional or job-related duties as assigned.
- Serve on college committees as directed by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively through speech and writing.
Ability to identify, communicate, and analyze problems.
Ability to take ownership and utilize constructive feedback.
Must be punctual, professional, and ethically conduct oneself.
Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work respectfully within a team environment.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill, and abilities.
Required: Master's degree in nursing from an accredited institution. Current unrestricted license as a registered nurse in North Carolina.
Preferred: Bilingual; Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
Required: Two years' teaching experience at or above the associate degree level in a Board approved nursing program. Two years prior to employment in direct patient care as a registered nurse. Some community college experience as a faculty member in a nursing program. Some academic or nursing leadership experience.
Preferred: Considerable direct patient care experience and teaching experience in Associate or Baccalaureate degree nursing programs. Considerable community college experience. Considerate experience in the development and delivery of adult education programs and services
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus. May require travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here represent those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION:
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
If you need accommodations please contact 910-296-2400.