Closes: Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution in a discipline/field currently offered at GTCC.
• Quality Matters Higher Education Peer Reviewer Certification or possess the qualifications to attain it within nine months of hire. Eligibility requirements to become a QM Certified Peer Reviewer:
1. Successful completion of the Applying the QM Rubric Workshop and the Peer Reviewer Course. 2. Current for-credit online teaching experience (within the last 18 months).
3. Complete an Application and a Memo of Understanding. Submit to QM.
4. Be a current Higher Education Subscriber (Affiliated with an institutional subscriber or Individual Subscription) Please see the attached web link for more information about the requirements- https://www.qualitymatters.org/professional-development/courses/higher-e....
• One year instructing post-secondary online: credit-bearing college courses or faculty professional development training.
• Two years experience with instructional design and curriculum development incorporating technologies across all modalities of instruction, i.e., blended, hybrid, and online.
• Experience using a learning management system such as Moodle, Canvas, Blackboard, etc.
• Experience with cloud-based and content authoring software such as Adobe Captivate, SoftChalk, Camtasia, etc.
Doctoral degree in Curriculum & Instruction, Distance Education, Learning/Instructional Design, or Educational Learning Technology from a post-secondary institution.
• Greater than one year of designing and instructing post-secondary online: credit-bearing college courses, community college continuing education courses, or faculty professional development training.
• More than two years experience with instructional design and curriculum development incorporating technologies across all modalities of instruction, i.e., blended, hybrid, and online.
• Experience with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 508 standards in the creation of instructional content
• Experience with instructional design processes, e.g., ADDIE, UDL, TPACK, etc.
• Experience developing, implementing, and supporting successful faculty development programs regarding optimal instructional design, i.e., workshops, online modules, etc.
• Participation and leadership in local, regional, or national groups/organizations focused on distance/online learning, e.g., NC3ADL, Educause, OLC, etc.
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team as our new Instructional Designer.
The Instructional Designer works with GTCC faculty to create high-quality blended, hybrid, and online courses. The Instructional Designer provides faculty with individual and group training sessions that introduce new technologies and best practices in online instruction. Additionally, the Instructional Designer may assist in staff development related to instructional applications, e.g., MS Teams, Zoom, etc. Finally, the Instructional Designer partners with faculty, staff, and administration to ensure consistency in online course design. This is a campus-based position.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact