Closes: Sunday, March 31, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate degree in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems or Information Technology-related field from an accredited institution with 2 years of experience in information technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Information System or Information Technology-related field from an accredited institution.
- Substantial experience with Windows Server 2019 or newer is strongly preferred but not required.
The Desktop Support Administrator reports to the Director of Information Technology and is
responsible for implementing and maintaining the College’s computer equipment. This position
also provides on-site and remote technical assistance to the College’s staff, faculty, and
students as requested through help desk tickets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and installs computer equipment, including hardware and software, for use by staff, faculty, and students. This involves creation of system images, deployment of images to computer labs, and troubleshooting hardware and software compatibility.
- Creates a scope of impact for Windows updates to the College’s endpoints and servers and develops a plan for implementation.
- Coordinates with equipment personnel to remove out-of-date computer hardware from the College’s environment.
- Provides various levels of support to end users for the college’s computer systems.
- Identifies problems, troubleshooting, and provides solutions to users through help desk phone calls and tickets.
- Coordinates with other members of the department to resolve problems as necessary.
- Acts as an advocate for end users in resolving service requests; ensures problems are escalated through appropriate channels for resolution.
- Assists with researching new technologies and their applications, if any, to the College’s technological environment. Creates a scope for the implementation and employee training of new technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
- Demonstrates personal integrity and problem-solving ability as well as the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong customer service and communication skills. Emphasis is placed on the ability to communicate effectively, gain credibility and develop productive working relationships with employees at all levels.
- Fundamental understanding of Windows Server administration and virtualization technology. Platforms utilized include Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Microsoft Hyper-V, vCenter, and other Windows Server 2012-2022 roles.
- Ability to document operational and technical processes, functions, and procedures.
- Ability to approach situations with energy and enthusiasm.
- Must be a team player.
Job Post Contact
Mrs. Frankie Sutter, Director of Personnel
Sampson Community College
1801 Sunset Avenue P.O. Box 318
Clinton, NC 28329
(910) 900-4043 (910) 592-8048 fax