Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Friday, November 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. Three years of full-time or equivalent programmer, administrator, or analyst experience;
3. Two years of full-time or equivalent SharePoint administration and/or development, resolving SharePoint and Office 365 issues, including SharePoint 2013 and/or 2016, SharePoint Online, Teams, and other Office 365 collaborative tools;
4. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server;
5. Experience with IIS, ASP.NET, HTML, XML, PowerShell;
6. Experience with and knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy objects, local area networks, and basic networking protocols.
1. Three years of full-time or equivalent experience delivering general and custom training to individuals and groups;
2. Experience with CSS;
3. Experience with MS Dynamics CRM or administration of CRM products;
4. Experience with PowerBI and data governance;
5. Experience with PowerApps, Forms, Workflow, and other similar SharePoint features;
6. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Primary responsibility for development, management and support of College’s SharePoint environment. Secondary duties include general server farm maintenance, web application development, and basic server administration duties. Considerable end-user interaction/collaboration. Provide guidance and support in implementing solutions using the entire Office 365 collaboration toolset, supplemented by third-party products. Provide training; develop overall awareness of and competency with Office 365 collaboration toolset.
1. Supports and maintains college’s SharePoint 2013 server farm and site collection environment.
2. Develops, maintains and supports web applications throughout project lifecycles.
3. Designs, develops, and updates relational databases as they pertain to Web applications, and support integration points with other College web applications, learning management systems, and College information systems.
4. Troubleshoots problems and provides end-user support for web-based applications.
5. Tracks and evaluates new standards, technologies and trends in Web architecture, development, design, and delivery.
6. Assists with development, maintenance and support of web pages using web content management system, and collaborates with Community Relations and Marketing department to create and maintain a consistent enterprise-wide website architectural structure.
7. Documents developed systems according to established technology standards, and assists functional users in the development of procedures and documentation of processes.
8. Consults with stakeholders to determine solution requirements/needs and collaboratively develops specifications for functional, cost efficient systems designed to meet current and future business needs.
9. Provides regular training and outreach related to growing end-user awareness of and competency with SharePoint and Office365.
10. Performs cost-benefit analyses of proposed implementations, enhancements, and modifications based on stakeholder input.
11. Recommends and implements approved hardware, software, platforms, publishing tools, and programming languages for the development of Web architecture.
12. Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of software procurement and development efforts.
13. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
14. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.