Old Charlotte Highway Campus in Monroe, NC
Closes: Thursday, December 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in non-profit donor management;
• Experience maintaining and/or updating business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods;
• Willingness to keep up-to-date technically and learn new technologies;
• Ability to apply new knowledge effectively and appropriately to work processes;
• Ability to communicate interpersonally with key stakeholders;
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail;
• Ability to work independently and make decisions;
• Experience with Microsoft Office, especially excel
• Highly technical experience with state-of-the-art constituent relationship management (CRM) solutions such as Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge;
• Experience with non-profit organizations and fundraising, preferably within education;
The South Piedmont Community College Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit organization established to receive tax-exempt contributions to support the mission of the college and the needs of its students. With new and exciting initiatives being pursued by the college, the Foundation is facing exciting opportunities and seeks to fill a new position that will be an essential member of the Foundation team that will help shape the future of SPCC!
The Development Data Administrator is a part-time position (up to 27.5 hours per week) located primarily on the Old Charlotte Highway Campus in Monroe, NC. Under the direction of the Foundation Director, the Development Data Administrator is responsible for management of the donor database, developing and maintaining data entry standards while maintaining the integrity of the database, managing prospect pipelines and reporting, and overseeing a coordinated prospect research effort.
Key capacities include being detailed oriented, computer proficient, well developed interpersonal and relationship building skills, excellent customer service skills, and having the ability to coordinate many projects simultaneously.
This position will report to the Foundation Director and will provide support to development in general and contribute to the overall fundraising goals.
• Database Administrator of eTapestry and all third-party fundraising platforms
• Process all donations daily and deposit weekly
• Monthly reconciliation of donations to Accounting Staff
• Update and reconcile accounting files for all deposit types – onsite, offsite, credit cards, online donations, and Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS)
• Acknowledge all donations with appropriate tax receipts and cards
• Team lead for annual audit
• Maintain in-kind files
• Set up and run queries from eTapestry for Foundation Staff and other departments as needed
• Generate mailing lists, donor lists and email lists for publications and email blasts
Major Gifts and Appeals:
• Manage prospect pipelines, lists and reporting for the Foundation Director;
• Apply for and monitor all employee giving and matching gift programs
• Provide queries and data for end of year and spring appeals
• Manage and audit donor ask lists for appeals
• Import all gifts and registrations from all third-party fundraising platforms
• Attendance at special events as assigned
Other duties as assigned in support of the mission of the organization.