COA - Elizabeth City
Closes: Monday, May 16, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's degree (or higher) from a regionally accredited college or university.
- General administrative work and database management experience.
- Capability of using various computer software including MS Word and Excel; working in Google shared files and documents.
- Detail oriented, organized, problem-solver, demonstrates initiative and can work collaboratively and individually; excellent time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain appropriate, valid driver's license.
- Previous experience with Raiser's Edge
FLSA: Technical/Paraprofessional, Non-exempt
The Development Specialist reports to the Executive Director, Foundation and is responsible for accurately and timely receiving, processing, and acknowledging charitable donations through direct mail, online, and other sources. The Development Specialist provides critical support of administrative tasks related to the Raiser's Edge database and the day-to-day operations of the COA Foundation.
Examples of Duties:
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate and efficient donor management database to ensure all information, including gift, constituent and event data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Enter gift detail in Raiser's Edge; add new donor records and update existing records as needed; enter gift batches.
- Produce donor acknowledgement letters and receipts for all gifts.
- Track pledge payments; create and implement a quarterly pledge reminder procedure.
- Maintain files, including proper gift documentation and other financial records needed for annual audit.
- Work closely with the Business Office regarding daily deposits and other Foundation finance tasks.
- Collaborate with the Foundation staff to develop, implement, and maintain a policy and procedure manual for the database.
- Create and process mailing lists for solicitations, invitations, and stewardship and attendee lists for events.
- Prepare queries for reports, and specific lists for solicitations in advance of the full Foundation Board and Alumni Association Board meetings, and as needed by the Executive Director.
- Work with Foundation Development Assistant and Alumni Association Board officers to track Alumni Association memberships and benefits; process new memberships and send renewal notices.
- Assist with scholarship notifications to students in collaboration with Foundation and Financial Aid staff.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Executive Director, Foundation.