- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, February 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A bachelor’s degree in English education, English, reading or reading specialist or a bachelor’s degree with NC Teacher’s certification in K-12 Reading or Secondary English. Degree must be from a regionally accredited institution.
- Demonstrated experience and/or classroom strategies for effectively instructing students from diverse background including culture, ethnicity, age, gender, and ability.
- Ability to teach various levels of developmental reading and English.
- Desire to use or learn to use technology (e.g. Internet) to deliver instruction.
- Willingness to teach in the day, evening, on Saturday, at unconventional times or via distance learning (i.e., interactive TV, telecourse, Internet) as necessary.
- Commitment to the community college "open door" philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept.
- A master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in English, reading, writing, literature or creative writing.
- Graduate course work in English, writing, literature or creative writing.
- One or more years of experience as an instructor.
Since quality instruction is the primary function of the college, it is the principal responsibility of each Instructor to effectively and efficiently stimulate learning in every course. In addition each faculty member should provide guidance to students through their role as an academic advisor and in more informal ways. Additionally, each faculty member is expected to participate in the governance of the college through committees and divisional meetings, through shared leadership within and across divisions, through personal recommendations to college administrators, and through participation in the Faculty Senate.
How to Apply
A completed Southeastern Community College application form (located on the SCC website), a resume, and educational transcripts must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on February 1, 2019. Applications received after this date may not be considered.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact