Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, December 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education and Experience:
Manufacture Certification in Heavy Equipment and Transport Technology or Diesel related field AND 5 years of experience as a truck or equipment service and repair technician.
Knowledge and Skills:
Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility. Demonstration of skills in the areas of: communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others; and demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
Mathematical Skills – the applicant must have a working knowledge of Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry.
Computer Skills – the applicant must have basic computer and key boarding skills. Microsoft Office knowledge is a plus as this position will require the use of this software.
Associate degree in Heavy Equipment and Transport Technology or related field, Manufacture Certification in Heavy Equipment and Transport Technology or Diesel related field AND 7 years of experience as a truck or equipment technician and some teaching/training experience.
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a FULL-TIME (10 month contract) Lead Instructor in the Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technology program. Interested instructor candidates may complete our online application in its entirety, at www.carteret.edu. We will not accept a resume in lieu of a completed application. Applicant must attach a copy of their credential(s) and/or degree demonstrating minimum education qualifications. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. All interviews are in person; no Skype or phone interviews are conducted. Projected Start Date: January 2, 2020
A lead instructor will conduct college courses for undergraduate students by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Teaching and Learning:
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the program chairperson and approved by the division dean.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACS-approved competencies.
- Order supplies and materials for labs supervised and prepare lab activities and assignments as needed.
- Fulfill the duties of clinical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments where applicable.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course.
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary.
- Make recommendations to curriculum area coordinator for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
- Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise.
- Provide assistance to advisees.
- Participate in department, division and college-wide advising activities.
- Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees.
- Use the computer and the college’s student information system to assist advisees.
- Follow up on all assigned advisees.
- Attend training sessions relative to advising.
- Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the program chairperson and then the division dean and participate in those activities that achieve approved professional development activities.
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position.
- Keep abreast of current technology.
- Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings.
- Participate in on-campus professional development activities.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Participate in college-wide activities.
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable.
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department.
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings.
High School Partnerships
- Will establish partnerships and linkages with public high schools and Adult High School and teach courses as designated
Applicants should be able to lift 40 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions and Environment
Ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule. Limited travel both within service area and outside service area for education and program advancement. Must have a valid NC driver’s license. Must be able to work around and use petroleum products.
Must be able to drive the facilities pickup trucks and vans. Must be certified and able to drive the facilities fork lifts. Must be able to load engines in appropriate test tanks.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-Verify employer. All job offers are conditional subject to satisfactory background check.
How to Apply
Applicant must complete the application in its entirety. Resume in lieu of fully completed application is not acceptable. Candidiate must attach copy of diploma and/or certification(s) to demonstrate that they meed the minimum education qualification.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557