RCC Service Area
Closes: Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the institution with special reference to the total fulfillment of the open-door policy. Knowledge of druple website development beneficial. Excellent written and communication skills. Knowledge of ADA Standards required for digital platforms with a willingness to become a College SME.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with considerable training in website design and marketing in various social media platforms. Google Analytics certification.
General Description: This critical position is to manage the College’s digital platforms including, but not limited to website, social media, video, and podcasts as well as future platforms. This position requires creativity with an adherence to standards and compliance while always working within the College’s Mission, Vision, and Values. This position reports directly to the Associate Vice President of Marketing and Strategic Planning.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Maintain College’s website, working in conjunction with IT Department to resolve security and technical issues.
- Lead the development, implementation, and administration of digital platforms and associated programs, by nurturing the College’s digital communities and advocating for the College through social media platforms such as promoting messages, moderating comments, promoting the College brand and growing the College’s number of followers.
- Implement a solid content, engagement and conversion strategy through social media and web-based advertising.Assist in developing content to maximize user engagement in which to connect with varied targeted markets.
- Monitor analytics for website and social media and provide reports on marketing strategies on all digital platforms.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the College and report notable threats.
- Support the production of fully integrated social media plans.
- Support and assist in the development of video, podcast and web content to maintain high standards and in compliance with ADA standards.
- Be able to respond to a fast-paced communication environment.
- Facilitate on-going professional development through the creation and participation in educational opportunities.
Other duties. (Willingness to accept and fulfill additional assignments.)
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online http://richmondcc.edu/contact-us/employment
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
- Fax: 910-582-7028.Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of college transcripts. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.