201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution. (Required)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of two years of experience handling web communications, social media marketing, and related work within a business or organization to attract followers, prospects or customers.(Required)
- Experience with various social media platforms (e.g., Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.). (Required)
- Video and photography skills. (Required)
- Experienced eye for design while maintaining brand standards. (Required)
- Excellent writing, and editing skills (i.e., spelling, grammar, and punctuation). (Required)
- Ability to create compelling content (e.g., copy, graphics and video) to connect with the target audience and capture a user’s attention. (Required)
- Experience interpreting website and social media analytics. (Required)
- Basic knowledge and experience with web design and working in content management systems. (Required)
- Proficiency in MS Office software. (Required)
- Strong organization skills with a high degree of detail orientation with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work independently and communicate effectively. (Required)
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines. (Required)
- Valid driver’s license. (Required)
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to travel between campuses and to other applicable events.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- This position requires work to occasionally be done outside normal business hours, including evenings and weekends.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.(Preferred)
- At least one year of supervisory experience. (Preferred)
- Experience with paid digital advertising (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite experience. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and guidelines. (Preferred)
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 10/26/22
The Digital Communications Manager is responsible for implementing comprehensive strategies to promote and advance the College’s brand and further enhance the College’s marketing efforts through creative and innovative digital communications. This position handles the creation, design, and execution of digital communications, including social media and websites, with a focus on storytelling through images and video. The Digital Communications Manager is part of the Marketing and Communications team and reports to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with the marketing and communications team and other areas of the College, including, but not limited to Admissions and Enrollment Management, Athletics, Human Resources, as well as key external partners.
- Develop innovative digital communication strategies for the College websites and social media focused on increasing engagement of external and internal constituents including current and prospective students (i.e., lead generation), alumni, donors, parents, employees, and the public based on best practices.
- Manage the design and development of the College websites, including receiving, facilitating, and/or resolving routine user requests (e.g., managing content, uploading documents, fixing broken URLs, etc.). Work with Tech Services and other internal/external partners to maintain websites as needed.
- Create, design, write and publish digital communications, including website content and social media. Ensure all content is on-brand, timely and relevant, and maintains a positive, uniform, style and “voice”.
- Manage scheduling and assignments for part-time student social media assistants who collect and create various aspects of the College’s digital content.
- Manage content calendars and coordinate scheduled content with key stakeholders.
- Respond to posts, feedback, and comments to advocate for the organization when appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Build, optimize, and manage paid digital advertising and social media ad campaigns to ensure they are meeting goals and budgets.
- Manage SEO activities, including keyword research, technical SEO, page optimization, etc. Provide strategic, actionable insights for improving organic search rankings. Work with external partners as needed.
- Provide regular reports on the overall activity and success of digital engagement from websites and social media. Identify trends and insights and recommend strategies for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with other internal and external content editors, developers, and designers to create, edit, and publish optimal digital communications that support the College’s brand and strategic marketing objectives.
- Collaborate with internal and external emergency management personnel (e.g., Campus Police) to post emergency communications on designated digital platforms and channels.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that digital communications (e.g., text, images, and sounds) are accessible per Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Manage copyright and data protection matters as it relates to digital communications and ensure compliance with applicable copyright and other relevant laws.
- Manage the production/use of creative assets (photos, videos, infographics, etc.) for content creation, including the College websites, social media and non-digital marketing.
- Stay current on emerging technologies/best practices and regularly evaluate and update digital communications strategies to elevate the College’s online presence.
- Provide training and education on the creation and implementation of digital communications, strategies, and their benefits and uses. Assist in resolving, or facilitating the resolution of, basic technical and related issues associated with digital communications.
- Assist in managing relationships with external vendors that work with the marketing and communications department to ensure deadlines are met and work is performed satisfactorily. Review and process applicable purchase orders and expenses per the established budget and guidelines
- Assist with special projects, college events or other marketing and communications activities and perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of applicable information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact