Closes: Sunday, January 20, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or a related field from a regionally accredited institution required.
- At least one year of professional experience in digital communications (e.g., website content management and social media) required.
- Excellent writing skills and abilities (i.e., spelling, grammar, and punctuation) and style guide knowledge required.
- Excellent content editing and proofreading skills required.
- Must be able to assimilate large amounts of information, research topics, and write on unfamiliar topics.
- Affinity for creating compelling content (e.g., text, photos, and graphics) to connect with the target audience and capture a user’s attention required.
- Proficiency in MS Office software required.
- Strong organization skills with a high degree of detail orientation with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines required.
- Ability to intrepret website and social media analytics.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Basic knowledge and experience with web design, HTML, SEO, CMS (e.g., WordPress) preferred.
- Digital communications experience with social media channels and related programs (e.g., Hootsuite), and Instagram photo/graphic editing apps (e.g., VSCO Cam, Snapseed, Over, Quick, and Iconosquare) preferred.
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and guidelines preferred.
Position open until filled - review of applications will begin 1/2/19
Responsible for digital communications strategies including developing, coordinating, and managing digital content for the College’s website and all social media channels to market, advertise, and promote the College’s brand to specific target audiences. Assist with marketing and public relations strategies and projects by coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to achieve informed, aligned, and integrated marketing, advertising, and public relations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with various internal and external functions of the marketing and communications team including, but not limited to, Marketing and Public Relations, Admissions and Enrollment Management, Graphic Design, Human Resources, and key external partners.
- Write, create, post, manage, and oversee digital communications (e.g., web content, blogs, and social media posts) to achieve a positive, uniform, style and “voice.”
- Create digital communications (e.g., web content and social media posts) that are real-time and scheduled for the future (i.e., weekends and holidays), and as needed, respond to posts, feedback, and comments to advocate for the organization, as appropriate.
- Manage and maintain basic aspects of the College’s websites by receiving, facilitating, and/or resolving routine user requests (e.g., managing content, uploading documents, reporting broken URLs, etc.).
- Create and execute innovative and integrated strategies and digital communication to advance the College’s brand and create greater engagement of external and internal constituents including current and prospective students (i.e., lead generation), alumni, donors, parents, employees, and the public based on best practices. Develop and ensure alignment with digital channel standards and strategies to achieve desired outcomes.
- Develop digital communication strategies for websites and social media to increase engagement on each platform.
- Capture and analyze digital communications performance and reports (e.g., utilization statistics, accessibility scores, and heat mapping data) to monitor overall activity and success, identify trends and insights, and recommend strategies for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with internal and external content editors, developers, and designers to create, edit, and publish optimal digital communications (e.g., Internet/Intranet websites, social media channels) that support the College’s brand and strategic marketing objectives.
- Collaborate with internal and external emergency management personnel (e.g., Campus Police) to post emergency communications on designated digital platforms and channels.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that digital communications (e.g., text, images, and sounds) are accessible per Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Ensure all digital communications are optimized for search (i.e., SEO).
- Manage copyright and data protection matters as it relates to digital communications and ensure compliance with applicable copyright and other relevant laws.
- Incorporate multimedia as appropriate to enhance user experience (UX).
- Play a key role in the ongoing design and development of the College's website and other digital communications channels.
- Stay current on emerging technologies/best practices and regularly evaluate and update digital communications strategies.
- Assist the College’s Office of Human Resources with employee recruiting by means of digital communication options such as the website and social media channels.
- Resolve, or facilitate the resolution of, basic technical and related issues associated with digital communications.
- Provide training and education on the creation and implementation of digital communications, strategies, and their benefits and uses.
- May manage or assist with special projects or other “non-digital” communications activities associated with internal and external marketing and public relations activities.
- Assist with reviewing and processing applicable purchase orders and expenses per the established budget and guidelines.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of applicable information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact