201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field from a nationally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- At least three years of professional experience in digital communications (e.g., website content management and social media).
- Experience with all relevant social media platforms and advanced skills taking, producing and editing photos, videos and audio for social media, websites and other uses.
- Excellent writing, editing skills (i.e., spelling, grammar, and punctuation) and style guide knowledge.
- Able to assimilate large amounts of information, research topics, and write on unfamiliar topics.
- Affinity for creating compelling content (e.g., copy, graphics and video) to connect with the target audience and capture a user’s attention.
- Ability to interpret website and social media analytics.
- Proficiency in MS Office software.
- Strong organization skills with a high degree of detail orientation with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work independently and communicate effectively.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to travel between campuses and to other applicable events.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- This position requires work to occasionally be done outside normal business hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Basic knowledge and experience with web design, HTML, SEO, CMS (e.g., WordPress, OUCampus) preferred.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred.
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and guidelines preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 3/2/22
The Digital Communications Specialist is primarily responsible for implementing comprehensive strategies to promote and advance the College’s brand and further enhance the College’s marketing efforts through creative and innovative digital communications. This position handles the creation, design, and execution of digital communications, including social media and websites, with a focus on storytelling through images and video. The Digital Communications Specialist is part of the Marketing and Communications team and reports to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with the marketing and communications team and other areas of the College, including, but not limited to Admissions and Enrollment Management, Athletics, Human Resources, as well as key external partners.
- Develop innovative digital communication strategies for social media and websites focused on increasing engagement of external and internal constituents including current and prospective students (i.e., lead generation), alumni, donors, parents, employees, and the public based on best practices.
- Develop, manage, and execute strategic digital content marketing and communications, including social media and website content. Ensure all content is on-brand, timely and relevant, and maintains a positive, uniform, style and “voice”.
- Develop and manage content calendars and coordinate scheduled content with key stakeholders.
- Respond to posts, feedback, and comments to advocate for the organization when appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Develop, place, manage and track all digital advertising and social media ad campaigns to optimize for performance and budget.
- Lead SEO activities, including keyword research, technical SEO, page optimization, etc. Provide strategic, actionable insights for improving organic search rankings.
- Develop and provide reports to monitor overall activity and success of digital engagement from websites and social media. Identify trends and insights and recommend strategies for continuous improvement.
- Assist with management and ongoing design and development of the College websites, including receiving, facilitating, and/or resolving routine user requests (e.g., managing content, uploading documents, fixing broken URLs, etc.). Work with Tech Services and other internal/external partners to maintain websites.
- Collaborate with other internal and external content editors, developers, and designers to create, edit, and publish optimal digital communications that support the College’s brand and strategic marketing objectives.
- Collaborate with internal and external emergency management personnel (e.g., Campus Police) to post emergency communications on designated digital platforms and channels.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that digital communications (e.g., text, images, and sounds) are accessible per Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Manage copyright and data protection matters as it relates to digital communications and ensure compliance with applicable copyright and other relevant laws.
- Manage the production/use of creative assets (photos, videos, infographics, etc.) for content creation, including the College websites, social media and non-digital marketing.
- Stay current on emerging technologies/best practices and regularly evaluate and update digital communications strategies to elevate the College’s online presence.
- Provide training and education on the creation and implementation of digital communications, strategies, and their benefits and uses. Assist in resolving, or facilitating the resolution of, basic technical and related issues associated with digital communications.
- Assist in managing relationships with external vendors that work with the marketing and communications department to ensure deadlines are met and work is performed satisfactorily. Review and process applicable purchase orders and expenses per the established budget and guidelines
- Assist with special projects, college events or other marketing and communications activities and perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of applicable information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact