Primarily OCH Campus in Monroe, NC
Closes: Sunday, October 2, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree in digital media, marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- A minimum of three years of experience in social media, web content, marketing communications, and integrated content delivery, or equivalent combination
- Demonstrated experience with current and evolving social media and web tools including: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google Ads, Canva, MailChimp, and web analytics and SEO tools and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, digital media, or the equivalent
- Proven work experience in a lead role in social media marketing
The Digital Marketing Specialist is a full-time position responsible for the day-to-day execution of the college’s comprehensive social media and web strategy, combining social media savvy with expertise in content creation and integration to drive strong social engagement across the college communities.
The Digital Marketing Specialist helps to develop and implement a robust social media and web strategy that successfully engages target audiences in the college’s brand and strategic initiatives. The position also employs social listening tools and best practices to monitor sentiment toward the college across social media and to proactively identify reputational threats and opportunities.
- Demonstrated proficiency to create effective content across social media audiences/platforms with positive results
- Excellent editing, grammar, and proofreading skills. Attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience with the principles of marketing communications
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, coupled with the ability to set and recommend priorities
- Ability to handle quick turnaround times and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem-solve
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide and receive constructive criticism in a productive manner
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel to all SPCC campuses and facilities as needed
- Build and execute a comprehensive social media strategy for the college, focusing on both a cohesive overall vision as well as platform- and audience-specific plans.
- Create and/or plan content for daily social posts to all platforms that engage and grow our audiences, building meaningful connections, and encouraging community members to engage more fully in the life of the college.
- Ensure social content strategically aligns with marketing goals and brand voice and resonates with each platform audience authentically, thereby increasing positive brand sentiment and awareness.
- Monitor social conversations using digital listening tools to identify potential threats, assess and analyze the social climate around the college online, leverage feedback for continuous improvement, and continue to promote and protect the institution as part of our reputation management efforts.
- Use social analytics tools and best practices to continually evolve and improve the college’s social presence by routinely monitoring, analyzing, reporting on, and acting on the appropriate social data/metrics and resulting insights; ensure tracking mechanisms are in place.
- Set yearly goals (KPI’s) for all channels, campaigns, and tactics; research competitive benchmarks by channel to set aggressive but realistic targets.
- Collaborate closely with the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing and other departments and areas across the college to build, target, and optimize audiences for college advertising efforts on social media.
- Monitor, identify, and communicate key social trends, including technology, tools, analytics, shifts in behavior, consumer sentiment, etc. to identify opportunities to proactively engage with our followers and potential followers.
- Develop a content strategy and content calendar that is aligned to the college’s goals and objectives.
- Manage agencies that support social media and web platforms for content monitoring and paid media.
- Maximize the social media budget for optimization across all social media platforms.
- Oversee the publishing process for all website content.
- Distribute website content across all available platforms and repurpose it to be used and distributed in multiple, creative ways.
- Monitor website and social channels to ensure that information is accurate, content is current, and pages are free of errors.
- Manage and execute creation of emails, landing pages, workflows, sequences, and SEO to maximize the target audiences’ experiences and achieve marketing targets.
Content Integration and Support:
- Work cross-functionally to develop dynamic, written, and visual multimedia content for college digital and social channels, including videos, animations, and other interactive features.
- Collaborate closely across college teams to drive a cohesive vision for aligning and cross-promoting content through print and digital channels.
- Maintain constant awareness of key strategic college initiatives and how social media can support those initiatives.
- Provide editorial/content support to the ongoing web content management needs, advertising, and other digital content efforts of the team.
- Create, post, and repurpose content across all platforms – website, social media, emails, newsletters, etc.