Closes: Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- An Associate’s degree in photography, digital media, or related field with one to three years of experience.
- Applicant must be proficient with Adobe Photoshop.
- Applicant must be proficient with Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects.
- Experience using a content management system, such as Wordpress.
- Experience using social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- The successful candidate will have a record of strong organizational skills, and be a team player who is able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.), Google Collaborative Apps (Docs, Sheets, Forms, Sites, etc.), and good technical knowledge of operating computers (experience using a Mac computer helpful, but not required).
- Successful candidate will possess the skills needed to create digital media content to effectively convey information that informs and persuades the college audiences.
- Experience operating various audio/visual equipment a plus.
- The Digital Media Technician will actively seek, capture, and produce photos and videos of the various programs, departments, functions, and activities of the college.
- He/she generates, edits, publishes, and shares content that builds meaningful connections and encourages potential students, current students, and the community to take action.
- The technician produces digital media content for the purpose of expanding and showcasing WCC’s online footprint. These media include video, audio/podcast, photography, infographic, as well as content specifically produced for posting on WCC’s websites, social media sites, and other new media sites.
- He/she manages the creation and production of videos, including: concept/theme development, production planning, and execution of all steps resulting in a final product. The technician will also coordinate with stakeholders to draft scripts and storyboards for video production.
- The technician coordinates with the Marketing and Recruiting Specialist and the Public Information Officer to produce marketing, informational, and publicity digital media projects.
- He/she will coordinate, photograph, and produce studio portrait assignments.
- He/she schedules and manages media duplication and conversion of various audio and video formats, and produces approved labeling for DVDs and CDs in accordance with the college visual identity guide.
- The technician produces artwork and manages scheduling for the college’s digital signage.
- The technician’s work schedule includes the video and photo coverage of events and functions that occasionally occur in the evening.
- He/she operates the sound system and lights in the Moffatt Auditorium for various college-sponsored events.
If selected for employment, the applicant must submit to a criminal background check and drug screening.
INSTITUTION: Wayne Community College is a member of the North Carolina Community College system. Located in Goldsboro, NC, the college serves Wayne and adjoining counties. Wayne Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. A Tobacco Free Campus as of August 1, 2009.
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and all supporting materials, including copies of certifications and post-secondary transcripts via ApplicantOne at https://www.waynecc.edu/jobs. No paper applications will be accepted. Applications will be screened and the most qualified applicants interviewed. All applicants will be notified once the position has been filled.