Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Library (Information) Science from an ALA-accredited institution or Media Specialist Certification required.
- Two years demonstrated progressively responsible leadership and supervisory roles in an educational setting required.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students and employees.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- At least five years of experience in higher education preferred; community college experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 9/30/21
The Digital Services Librarian is responsible for assisting in the coordination and provision of digital library resources and information databases. Ensures all digital resources are compatible with the college’s current LMS and accessible remotely to students and faculty via a proxy server. Supports the Library’s social media presence and maintains content on the Library’s website relating to digital services and social media. Ensures interactive user engagement with library digital content and investigates and promotes new methods and tools for presenting content to patrons through Blackboard and the Library website. Collaborate with IT support staff, librarians and other staff members to provide quality digital services. Provides in person and virtual reference and research assistance to patrons and participates in collection development and maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates access and maintenance of the Library's licensed digital resources, including tasks related to contracts, implementation, staff support, troubleshooting, and maintenance of resources.
- Works cooperatively with librarians and staff to promote the use of digital tools and resources to serve the college.
- Coordinates and maintains content for web and mobile-enabled interactive services that provide a quality user experience.
- Collaborates with the IT staff to develop information service strategies and initiatives that maintain a high level of patron satisfaction with on-site and digital technology resources.
- Identifies, develops and delivers patron instruction in the use of digital technologies including the development and delivery of library programs.
- Performs professional library work in collection development, including acquisition, evaluation, selection, and weeding of digital and print library materials.
- Provides information, readers advisory and reference services.
- Collects, maintains and reports digital resources and services statistical data to Library Administration.
- Maintains currency in content areas through appropriate professional development.
- Serves on various college committees as needed.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact