Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
Required kind and number years of work experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of library experience, preferably in an academic or community college library setting.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Familiarity with databases from ProQuest, EBSCO, and Gale.
- Experience in technical management and administration of electronic information resources and services.
- Familiarity with archival standards and practices.
- Understanding of principles and best practices in information literacy instruction, particularly as it relates to the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- An understanding of and an appreciation for the concept of the "open door admission policy" and/or community college library experience.
- Experience in Summon administration.
- Teaching experience in Blackboard.
- Knowledge of effective usability and accessibility in digital environments, specifically with WCAG 2.0 criteria for electronic accessibility.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
CCCC is recruiting for a Digital Services Librarian to manage electronic services, OER, archives, user services and provide instruction. The Digital Services Librarian reports to the Director of Library Services.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Manages the life cycle of electronic resources, including databases, e-books, and streaming video.
- Takes a lead in training and development of workflow, policies, procedures and documentation for e-resource management processes and systems managed by the unit
- Coordinates the activities needed to support user access and discovery to e-resources, including advance trouble shooting for patrons and staff. Maintains authentication protocols, specifically proxy configuration, for electronic resources. Updates and customize interfaces for electronic resource access and discovery
- Works with Student Accessibility Services to ensure accessibility of all online library services and resources.
- Works closely with other library staff to develop and oversee assessment strategies and conduct ongoing assessment and collaborate on collection development initiatives as they relate to electronic resources.
- Identifies, evaluates and stays current with emerging trends, resources, practices and standards in electronic resource management, usage statistics, data management, access and discovery to enhance library services.
- Researches and analyzes products and offers, sets up product trials, and coordinates electronic subscription changes and renewals.
- Acts as main contact with NC Live. Manages the set up and maintenance of databases or other resources provided by NC Live.
- Acts as primary administrator for Springshare platforms including LibGuides and LibCal.
- Coordinates and sets priorities for archival arrangement, description, and processing activities.
- Supervises any student workers or interns engaged in archival collection projects.
- Assesses materials and engages in conservation or preservation activities as needed.
- Works with the North Carolina Digital Heritage Center to prepare collections for digitization. Coordinates digitization projects.
- Provides access to archival collections by creating finding aids, collection-level records, and metadata descriptions and maintains a database on collections and storage space allocations.
- Works with the Instructional Services Librarian to develop online tools, including templates, best practices, and repositories to facilitate the creation and adaptation of OERs by college faculty.
- Works with faculty and instructional designers to help locate and evaluate OERs to be used in courses.
- Provides professional development for faculty on accessibility and copyright issues as they pertain to OER.
- Manages relevant e-resources and any future in-house repositories for OER.
- Provides live information literacy instruction to classes, both in-person and online, as needed.
- Serves as embedded course librarian for ENG 112 classes.
- Develops and updates asynchronous learning modules for online classes using H5P, PlayPosit, and other software.
- Provides high quality reference and research consultation services to students, faculty and staff, both online and in person.
- Works at the circulation desk when scheduled or needed.
- Manages and oversees the development of Career and Technical Education collection materials for the Lee campus.
- Serves as liaison to CTE faculty on the Lee campus.
- Serves on the Web & E-Learning Accessibility Committee.
- Engages in professional development as an active member of at least one North Carolina Library Professional Association or Organization.
- Opens the Library one day per week.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be assigned to work other hours and/or at other campus locations as needed.