Central Campus - Central High Building
Closes: Saturday, September 18, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Education or related with 4 years of related work experience and two years in a higher education environment.
Director Academic Learning Center position available in the Academic Learning Center located on Central Campus - Central High Building.
The Ruth G. Shaw Academic Learning Center (ALC) provides tutoring services for Central Piedmont students, helping them overcome difficulties with academic coursework, promoting independent learning, and proactively helping them develop the skills necessary for academic and life-long success. The ALC provides qualified tutors in a variety of subjects and disciplines both in-person and online. In addition, the ALC provides students with access to Smart Thinking, an online tutoring service available 24/7.
The Director of the Academic Learning Center will provide leadership for the Academic Learning Center. The successful candidate will manage full-time and part-time staff, coordinate tutoring services online and across Central Piedmont’s campuses using a “One College” approach, manage a departmental budget, ensure that tutoring data are collected in accordance with North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges Code, and collaborate with departments in Academic Affairs and across the College to further student success.
Anticipated hiring date: October 4, 2021
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Hours per week 40 Exempt
Manages and directs activities and staff in the Academic Learning Center (ALC). Develops and implements a program of academic services and support to assist students in becoming independent learners. Coordinates ALC activities with other divisions and departments to provide synchronized and quality services to students.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plans, organizes, and directs all activities for the ALC.
2. Selects, supervises, trains and evaluates assigned staff of the Center.
3. Recommends goals and objectives for the Center assists in the implementation of policies and procedures.
4. Coordinates the daily activities with other divisions and departments.
5. Coordinates the daily activities of the Center o ensure a smooth flow of operations; develops and implements policies and procedures.
6. Ensures compliance with the NCCCS Administrative Code, federal and state laws and regulations, and accreditation requirements.
7. Assesses, monitors and evaluates the needs of the students who use the Center; develops appropriate initiatives to meet students’ needs.
8. Participates in budget preparation and administration; reviews and approves expenditures.
9. Provides highly complex staff assistance within Student Success Services; serves as an administrative resource for other departments as requested.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Communications skills
* Counseling Skills
* Diplomacy Skills
* Knowledge of State audit requirements
* Supervisory and Leadership skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact