Closes: Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of experience in college admissions and/or recruitment.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, electronic and formal.
- Demonstrated experience with Colleague Workflows pertaining to Admissions and State-wide reporting.
- Supervisory experience or transferrable experience supervising/project management.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Education, Counseling, or Higher Education.
- 5 years of experience in college admissions and/or recruitment.
- Experience in admissions and/or recruitment at a North Carolina Community College.
- In-depth knowledge of Ellucian Colleague Communication Management.
The Director of Admissions provides direct leadership and coordination of the services provided by the college's Admissions Office. In addition to providing superior service to current and prospective students, and members of the college community, this person establishes and maintains the college's communication with potential students and applicants with regards to general admissions, selective enrollment admissions, the residency process, and serves as the liaison with all departments of the institution to ensure college-wide awareness of federal, state, and institutional admissions-related topics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans, organizes, and directs the operations and services of the college's Admissions Office.
- Represents SCC's Admissions Office on institutional and community committees.
- Provide superior customer service in the mission of the college.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the operations and services, both electronic and formal, of the college's Admissions Office.
- Develop and maintain electronic and formal communication workflows with potential and current students regarding the admissions process.
- Works closely with the Dean of Enrollment Management to ensure the Admissions Office is meeting the enrollment needs of the college, students, faculty, and community in which the college serves.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the college community to ensure the Admissions Office's goals and objectives promote college access, success, and completion.
- Provides leadership in advancing admissions strategies designed to meet the enrollment goals of the college.
- Manages and maintains the college's selective admission processes and procedures.
- Coordinate the processing of admission applications for both traditional and dual-enrolled students, change of programs, address changes, transcript requests, and the receipt of secondary transcripts.
- Coordinate and maintain the setup of CFNC, online admission parameters, communications, and program listing; and coordinate the online application workflow.
- Coordinate the processing of high school transcripts regarding college-level course placement.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the NC residency for tuition policy and serve as the Residency Determination Service (RDS) Liaison.
- Represent the college at Carolinas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (CACRAO) events.
- Maintain and administer the college's General Admission Policy and Procedure.
- Provide support in resolving institutional conflicts/questions relating to admissions, enrollment, flags, and appropriate Student Information System issues.
- Supervise staff that process admissions applications and supporting documentation for students seeking degrees, diplomas, or certificates.
- Develop and maintain admissions-related online information, printed forms, materials, and how-to guides as it relates to admission to the college.
- Develops, recommends, and communicates federal, state, and institutional admissions-related information to the SCC faculty and staff and ensures that SCC policies and procedures are in compliance with appropriate law and regulations.
- Support the Dean of Enrollment Management in the review of annual Enrollment Management department planning and assist in the identification of opportunities for healthy, sustainable enrollment growth.
- Prepare daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual reports and materials as it relates to applicant trends and program enrollment.
- Participate in the college's recruitment and retention programs.
- Serve as backup to Admissions and Enrollment Management staff, as needed, to maintain an adequate level of service and departmental availability to students and the college community.
- Present information sessions regarding the college’s admissions and enrollment processes.
- Assist with other admissions and recruitment requiring evening and weekend assignments.
- Serve on institutional committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- ERP User Training for SCC Processes (Colleague, Informer, ImageNow, etc.)
- Position Specific Applications (CFNC, RDS, Communications Management, etc.)
- Accessing the NCCCS Service Portal
- SCC Employee Onboarding
- New Student's Start Here, 1-2-3.
- School Dude (Maintenance Work Order System)
- NC E-Procurement (Purchasing)
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001