Closes: Monday, December 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of experience in college admissions and/or recruitment.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Education.
- 5 years of experience in college admissions and/or recruitment.
- Experience in admissions and/or recruitment at a North Carolina Community College.
The Director of Admissions provides direct leadership and coordination of the services provided by the college's Admissions Office. In addition to providing superior service to current and prospective students, and members of the college community, this person serves as the college’s Principle Designated School Official (PDSO) for international students, establishes and maintains the college's communication with potential students and applicants with regards to admissions and residency process, and serves as the liaison with all departments of the institution to ensure college-wide awareness of federal, state, and institutional admissions-related topics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans, organizes and directs the operations and services of the college's Admissions Office.
- Represents SCC's Admissions Office on institutional and community committees.
- Provide superior customer service in the mission of the college.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the operations and services of the college's Admissions Office.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the college community to ensure the Admissions Office's goals and objectives promote college access, success, and completion.
- Utilize the Student Information System (Ellucian Colleague) to create and manage Admissions communication initiatives; develop and maintain automated communication workflows and reporting systems.
- Provides leadership in advancing admissions strategies designed to meet the enrollment goals of the college.
- Serve as the primary designated school official responsible for ensuring compliance with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS); serve as the college contact for international students; maintain accurate records and documentation, and online certification of enrollment.
- Manages the college's selective admission processes and procedures.
- Coordinate the processing of admission applications and change of program and address, and appropriate correspondence for students.
- Coordinate and maintain the setup of CFNC, online admission parameters, communications, and program listing; and coordinate the online application workflow.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the NC residency for tuition policy and serve as the Residency Determination Service (RDS) Liaison.
- Represent the college at Carolinas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (CACRAO) events.
- Maintain and administer the college's General Admission Policy and Procedure.
- Provide support in resolving institutional conflicts/questions relating to admissions, enrollment, flags, and appropriate Student Information System issues.
- Supervise staff that process admissions applications and supporting documentation for students seeking degrees, diplomas or certificates.
- Develop and maintain admissions-related online information, printed forms, materials, and how-to guides as it relates to admission to the college.
- Develops, recommends, and communicates federal, state, and institutional admissions-related information to the SCC faculty and staff and ensures that SCC policies and procedures are in compliance with appropriate law and regulations.
- Support the Dean of Enrollment Management in the review of annual Enrollment Management department planning and assist in the identification of opportunities for healthy, sustainable enrollment growth.
- Prepare daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual reports and materials as it relates to applicant trends and program enrollment.
- Participate in the college's recruitment and retention programs.
- Serve as backup to Admissions and Enrollment Management staff, as needed, to maintain an adequate level of service and departmental availability to students and the college community.
- Present at on-campus workshops regarding admissions information and processes.
- Assist with other admissions duties requiring evening and weekend assignments.
- Serve on institutional committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001