Closes: Friday, October 29, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in counseling, education, business or related field required.
A minimum of 2-3 years work experience in a post secondary school system, community college or in a relevant field or setting.
Demonstrated work experience in student admissions and or recruitment activities.
Experience in assessment of academic skills.
Experience with Ellucian software.
Experience working with people of diverse ages, backgrounds, and interests.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Student Services, the Director of Admissions and Recruitment works cooperatively with BCCC faculty and staff and performs the following:
1. Demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
2. Responsible for administering, managing, and evaluating all operations and activities with the college’s admissions and recruiting department.
3. Works closely with the Vice President of Student Services to establish and maintain all admissions procedures.
4. Coordinates all activities related to application inquiry and application approval for prospective students. Maintains and updates admission records and student files.
5. Ensures compliance with all State Residency and International student policies. Serves as the Primary Designated School Official for international students.
6. Communicates with prospective students, appropriate secondary school personnel, and service agencies in the community regarding Admissions requirements. Informs prospective students, parents and individuals in the community about the college, programs offered and the application process.
7. Provides admissions services to students and prospective students seeking admission and enrollment to the College and serves as admission liaison to various curriculum programs.
8. Develop and provide recruitment and admissions presentations to secondary schools and members of the local community.
9. Responsible for all correspondence related to admissions.
10. Develop and implement a comprehensive and aggressive recruiting plan.
11. Lead departmental planning processes to improve customer service and the department’s efficiencies and effectiveness.
12. Maintain a system for disseminating information concerning the College’s educational programs and services.
13. Provide strong leadership in benchmarking, professional development, innovation, change management, use of technology and continuous quality improvement.
14. Develop a strong network related to BCCC programs by representing the College at community and outside organization functions and forging partnerships for the advancement of educational services to the community.
15. Responsible for ensuring the security and confidentiality of prospective and current student information and records. Ability to understand, articulate, and abide by laws that protect the confidentiality of student information and records.
16. Provide exemplary internal and external customer service.
17. Provide detailed information to students, faculty and staff while maintaining confidentiality of student and employee records.
18. Complete special projects and assignments as required and perform related duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Knowledge of issuing I-20’s to international students.
•Serve on appropriate college committees and selection committees, as assigned
•Participate in professional development activities designed to enhance job skills and knowledge, as agreed upon by the employee and supervisor.
•Maintain membership and actively participate in appropriate professional organizations (CACRAO)
•Interact with students, the public, the community, and co-workers in a cooperative, courteous and professional manner.
•Comply with the college’s policies and procedures as outlined in Policy and Procedures Manual.
Serves as campus residency liaison for RDS
Maintain accurate advisor lists for curriculum students
•Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, accuracy, and abide by FERPA regulations.
•Ability to meet and interact with diverse populations using excellent human relations skills
•Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals (such as students, parents, faculty, and staff).
•Dynamic leadership abilities and strong public relations skills.
•Excellent verbal and written skills including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse groups of people.
•Ability to manage multiple activities at once and prioritize effectively.
•Demonstrated organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
•Ability to thoroughly assess needs of individuals and exercise good judgment in decision making.
•Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Share point required.
•Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
•Ability to work occasionally on evenings and weekends, if necessary. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required during peak recruitment and enrollment periods.
•Critical thinking skills with the ability to process information and exercise good judgment.
•Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
•Ability to perform general office duties