Closes: Monday, July 6, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in counseling, higher education, or closely related field required.
- Three years' experience in higher education and academic advisement required.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships within the College and community, ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner, and skill in presenting ideas and concepts verbally and in writing required.
- Coursework or training in administration, management, or supervision preferred.
- Two years' experience in an administrative leadership position or comparable evidence of leadership and supervisory responsibilities preferred.
Open until filled - Review of applications will begin 5/21/20.
Provides leadership, management, supervision, and evaluation for advising and testing services. Services include advising for new students and pre-health majors, transfer students, returning students, and supervising the Katherine Harper Testing Center. Works with campus partners and academic departments to provide advising services for students. Responsible for maintaining and updating New Student Orientation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership, management, supervision, and evaluation for advising and testing services. Services include advising for new students and pre-health majors, transfer students, returning students, and supervising the Katherine Harper Testing Center.
- In partnership with academic affairs, coordinates and provides advising to students intending to transfer to four-year institutions. Responsible for maintaining and updating New Student Orientation.
- Supervises the implementation, coordination, and evaluation of all placement testing services within the Katherine Harper Testing Center.
- Assists in planning and implementing strategies to promote student success and satisfactory academic progress, support groups, classroom presentations, student success seminars, etc.
- Works collaboratively with various other departments including Admissions and Educational Partnerships, Records and Registration, Financial Aid, Student Success and Retention, and other areas of the College to support enrollment management and related efforts that complement student recruitment and retention.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures related to the assigned areas of responsibility including advising and testing.
- Manages fiscal, operational, and human resources, including staff needs, equipment, and operational expenses. Coordinates the assessment and analysis of budget needs; revises the budget as necessary and monitors expenditures. Reviews and processes requests for equipment repair, travel, supply purchases, and reimbursements.
- Provides leadership in the developing and preparation of reports, publications, website, and materials for academic advising and testing.
- Provides administrative assistance to executive management on matters related to areas of responsibility; prepares and presents reports and recommendations as requested. Prepares reports relative to individual and departmental productivity levels, institutional effectiveness, and accreditation standards.
- Supervises assigned personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; conducts performance appraisals, and manages performance through coaching and accountability; making recommendations for professional growth and development and proposing personnel actions up to and including recommendations for discipline.
- Actively participates in the hiring and selection of full- and part-time positions in the areas of responsibility and ensures that all applicable credentialing requirements are met; provides orientation of new staff.
- Participates in a variety of committees, task forces, and meetings including but not limited to Enrollment Management Task Force, President's Cabinet, SACSCOC, and Student Affairs Leadership Team.
- Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Maintains and correctly manages confidential information in accordance with FERPA regulations.
- Maintains a high standard of professionalism in representing the College including confidentiality in all aspects of the position's responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Adheres to professional accountability and accepts responsibility for managing situations and problems.
- Works cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives and provides a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Behaves in a professional manner that promotes collaboration, collegiality, and outstanding customer service for both internal and external clients.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, with the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, the position sometimes requires weekend and/or evening hours.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact