Closes: Friday, February 17, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree from an accredited institution.
- One to three years of supervisory/management experience.
- Two or more years of experience working with the public.
- Training or experience working with those over 55 years of age and/or volunteers is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Gerontology, or related human services field.
- Three or more years of work experience in the volunteer services field.
- Experience in writing and managing federal grant projects.
- Experience developing and maintaining a budget.
Purpose and Function:
Under the general direction of the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness, the AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP Director will be responsible for the development and operation of the AmeriCorps Seniors Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP); in coordination with Southeastern Community College and AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP Advisory Council. In order to fulfill the requirements of the position, the Director will perform the following functions:
- Plan, develop and implement all phases of AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP operations.
- Implement approved AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP grant performance measures and other grant requirements outlined by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS).
- Supervise programs and services provided through the Columbus County Volunteer Center - a charitable non-profit 501 (c) 3.
- Research, plan, design, write and submit grant proposals to prospective funding agencies.
- Assist with hiring, training, and supervising adequate AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP staff to efficiently carry out, maintain and develop operations of the RSVP Program.
- Provide support, information and materials for AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP staff and volunteers.
- Recruit, select, orient and place AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP volunteers with volunteer stations.
- Assure volunteer orientation, in collaboration with volunteer workstations and staff.
- Develop and maintain appropriate/accurate fiscal, personnel, program and volunteer records and reports.
- Prepare and submit grant related interim and final reports in accordance with grant reporting procedures.
- Monitor progress made towards attainment of measurable outcomes associated with all funding sources.
- Enhance the total efforts of AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP through active involvement with community organizations and other national service programs, where appropriate.
- Implement agreed upon performance measures and other AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP grant requirements.
- Keep AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP Advisory Council members informed and solicit their participation and advice on matters affecting program operations.
- Plan, develop, and implement ongoing marketing/public relations opportunities, including social media, in cooperation with Southeastern Community College.
- Arrange for formal and regular recognition of volunteers, organizations, and individuals who have contributed to the support of AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP.
- Work in cooperation with Southeastern Community College staff, Advisory Council members, and volunteer station staff to obtain resources for programs.
- In conjunction with AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP staff, develop and maintain close coordination and relationships with AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP volunteer stations, including development of volunteer assignment plans.
- Provide ongoing support to volunteers.
- In conjunction with AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP staff, appraise volunteer performance.
- Coordinate formal and regular recognition of volunteers, organizations and individuals who have contributed to the support and success of RSVP.
- Attend training conferences conducted or authorized by the AmeriCorps.
- Adhere to and administer personnel policies and procedures for AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP staff consistent with those of Southeastern Community College.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to attend after hours and weekend meetings/events is required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to fulfill the requirements of grant and/or Southeastern Community College related functions.
- Regional travel is a requirement of this position.
How to Apply
The starting date for the positions is 3/1/23. Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience, and labor market. Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Initial review of applications will be 2/17/23 and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 246. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact