Director-Apprenticeships and Work-Based Learning
201 Highway U.S. 321
Dallas, NC 28034
201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Opens: Monday, February 13, 2023
Closes: Friday, June 30, 2023
Closes: Friday, June 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Monday, April 3, 2023
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in business administration, adult education, or a related field required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Three years’ experience in leading Apprenticeship, continuing education, business and industry, or adult education in a post-secondary institution or related field required.
- Demonstrated excellent skills of negotiation, communication, organization, Outlook, and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience working with Apprenticeship and Work-Based Learning programs.
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
- Marketing or promotional experience preferred.
Open Until Filled
In collaboration with the Vice President for Economic and Workforce Development (EWD), has overall responsibility for the daily operations of the College’s Apprenticeships and Work-Based Learning, including development of needs analyses and training plans, marketing, preparation of budgets, setting goals and providing deliverables that meet the diverse workforce and professional needs of the organizations in Gaston and Lincoln counties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Educate businesses and industry to provide appropriate apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship opportunities and solicit funding and resources for co-sponsorship of programs from various businesses, College, and professional organizations.
- Conduct environmental scan that includes identification of areas of improvement in both Apprenticeship and WBL and implement plans to resolve issues identified.
- Plan and implement Apprenticeship events (example: bi-annual meetings, graduation, signing ceremonies, National Apprenticeship Week). Work with Success Coach to plan and implement Pre-Apprenticeship activities.
- Utilizing NCRAN, enter and maintain Apprenticeship database, including grants.
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of staff, trains, and counsels according to established policies and procedures. Prepare and manage budgets and marketing plans for apprenticeship programs and WBL.
- Approve payments and reimbursements, evaluate and report on project activities.
- Supervise, direct, and evaluate staff.
- Represent the College and make presentations at selected public, civic, and service organization functions, schools or associations and business and industry activities.
- Develop and maintain close association with employers, Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development Commission, North Carolina Community College System networks, Apprenticeship NC, high schools and other professional and business associations.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work herein described.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact