Closes: Thursday, December 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree in an Aviation related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) professional certification in an Aviation related area
- Three years of post-secondary teaching experience in an FAA regulated aviation program (i.e., part 141 or 147).
- Three years of progressive academic administrative experience in a postsecondary institution.
- Experience with faculty supervision including performance evaluation
- Experience in budget development and management
- Experience with enrollment management, curriculum/program development, and assessment.
- Experience in building collaborative community/workforce education partnerships.
- Experience with programmatic accreditation and/or regulatory compliance processes.
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certification
- Greater than three years of post-secondary teaching experience in an FAA regulated aviation program (i.e., part 141 or 147).
- Greater than three years of progressive academic administrative experience in a postsecondary institution.
- Community college teaching and/or administrative experience
- Experience with distance learning modalities and management
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional values, to join the team as our Director of Aviation Programs.
The Director of Aviation Programs provides leadership that supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of the College. The position is responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation and management of assigned instructional programs (both credit and non-credit), services, budget and employees. The Director will provide leadership in curriculum development, academic assessment, strategic planning and budgeting. He or she employs enrollment management and retention strategies and fosters collaborative working relationships with internal and external counterparts to communicate and coordinate initiatives that support College and local economic development initiatives. The job includes oversight of the following programs: Aviation Maintenance Technology (Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic), Aviation Electronics Technology, Aviation Management, Career Pilot, Aerospace Manufacturing and various short-term customized aviation programs in the non-credit area.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact