Closes: Sunday, December 4, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High school graduate and five years of practical experience as a criminal justice officer or an administrator or specialist in a field directly related to the criminal justice system. At least one year of the required five years’ experience must have been actively participating in criminal justice as a commission certified instructor.
The successful candidate will plan and organize the instructional activities of an assigned program area within Corporate and Continuing Education; provide responsible staff support to the administrator; manage the activities of CCE Instructors and staff; interface with external customers to determine training needs and appropriate instructional delivery.
The BLET School Director shall have administrative responsibility for planning, scheduling, presenting, coordinating, reporting, and generally managing each sponsored accredited criminal justice training course.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review each instructor’s lesson plans and other instructional materials for conformance to Commission standards and to minimize repetition and duplication of subject matter.
2. Administer the course delivery in accordance with Commission procedures and standards, give consideration to advisory guidelines issued by the Commission, and ensure that the training offered is safe and effective.
3. Select and schedule instructors who are certified by the Commission.
4. Provide each instructor with a current commission-approved course outline and all necessary additional concerning the instructor’s duties and responsibilities.
5. Arrange for the timely availability of appropriate audiovisual aids and materials, publications, facilities, and equipment for training in all topic areas.
6. Formalize and schedule the course curriculum in accordance with the curriculum standards established in the Subchapter.
7. Maintain direct supervision, direction, and control over the performance of all persons to whom any portion of the planning, development, presentation, or administration of a course has been delegated.
8. Report the completion of each presentation of a Commission-accredited criminal justice training course to the Commission.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Attend or must have attended the most current offering of the school director’s orientation as developed and presented by the Commission staff, other wise an individual orientation with a staff member may be required.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact