Closes: Sunday, May 2, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance or related field, and 3 to 5 years of general ledger accounting experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Knowledge in GAAP and GASB as well as governmental accounting practice.
- Previous experience with using Datatel (Colleague) software program
Under general supervision, an employee in this position has administrative oversight and responsibility for developing, managing and continuously improving the operations and activities of the Business and Auxiliary Services of the College, as well as supporting the financial operations of the College by performing moderately complex accounting work involving the classifying, posting, balancing, reconciling and summarizing of financial transactions. Duties related to this position focus on planning and coordinating the efforts of the staff of the Business Services Department in the areas of payroll, accounts payable and receivable, cash receipts, and student financials; as well as preparing monthly general and standard journal entries, account reconciliations, and other accounting statements and reports. Duties of this position also focus on providing oversight of the management of the Child Care Center and Campus Bookstore operations and activities. Duties assigned may vary according to the specific needs of the Division and/or allocation of workload. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance and Operations.
- Supervises and directs the fiscal activities and operations of the Business Services Department, including the payroll, accounts payable and receivable, cash receipting and student financial functions, in accordance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Oversees the operations and activities of the Child Care Center and Campus Bookstore by collaborating with management to ensure effective and efficient customer service.
- Reconciles all bank statement accounts, including Bookstore, Satellite Campuses, State, Federal, County and Institutional; posts monthly activity to ensure bank accounts balance to the general ledger.
- Tracks satellite daily cash analysis deposits to Institutional funds, including making bi-monthly transfers and writing checks.
- Performs necessary cost allocations for the facility charges to satellite campuses, and for merchant, digital payment, and student loan servicer accounts.
- Performs monthly journal entries for procurement card transactions as needed.
- Verifies cash receipts received through the mail by recording checks into a check log.
- Maintains and submits escheat/abandoned property reporting to the NC State Treasurer.
- Assists Accounts Receivable & Third Party Billing Coordinator with reconciling outstanding Financial Aid checks.
- Reviews and provides final approval for payment of all Travel-related authorizations, expenditures and reimbursement requests.
- Prepares and submits required Community College System reports in a timely manner.
- Processes monthly Sales & Use Tax to the North Carolina Department of Revenue.
- Reviews all accounts payable check runs generated by Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Communicates with various College personnel to provide accounting information and support; communicates with outside contacts regarding financial information and other accounting related issues.
- Maintains knowledge of internal control requirements, reviewing existing controls, and suggesting improvements to existing internal controls to the Controller and Vice President of Finance and Operations.
- Audits various duties and functions within Business and Auxiliary Services and reports any irregularities or concerns to the Vice President of Finance and Operations.
- Ensures proper training of Business Services staff, and performs performance evaluations on Business and Auxiliary Services staff that directly report to the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including projects and committee work.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact