Closes: Sunday, September 16, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Finance, Business Continuity, Risk Management or related and 4 - 6 years of experience in one or more of the following: Strategic Risk Management, Business Continuity Planning, Contingency Planning, Crisis Management, or Enterprise Risk Management and possessing in-depth SharePoint Software expertise
· Training beyond a Bachelor’s Degree/ or Master’s from a regionally accredited institution in Business Continuity, Project Management, System Design, Workflow Design, Enterprise risk Management, or Operations
· One year of supervisory experience
GENERAL FUNCTION AND JOB DUTIES
Enterprise Risk Management charter is to collaborate with all areas across the college to proactively identify risks, develop strategies to guard against these risks, and execute these strategies to mitigate the risks. Some processes include business continuity planning, conducting risk assessments, placement of all commercial insurance, contract review and claims management.
To lead the design, execution and maintenance of the process (Contingency Planning) that identifies risks, threats and vulnerabilities that could impact CPCC’s continued operations, to provide a framework for building CPCC’s resilience and the capability for its effective response to financial, legal and technology concerns. Works with Plan owners to develop and implement plans to keep CPCC effectively functioning after disruptive events such as natural disasters, cyber-attacks and pandemic viruses. The objective of the BCRM (Business Continuity & Resilience Management) is to reduce business interruptions, ensure the continuity of business, minimize financial impacts, create resilience strategies to reduce the likelihood and impact of a threat and the development of plans to respond and recover from threats that cannot be controlled or mitigated. Manages staff to assist in the development and implementation and maintenance of BCRM.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Program Initiation and Management – Leads process and staff to identify risks, vulnerabilities and potential business interruptions through risk assessments and create systems/processes to conduct BIA gathering data and bring awareness of the practice throughout the college. Develops and gives overview presentations internally ensuring awareness as part of the day-to-day business. Works collaboratively across the college to define business continuity and technology resilience requirements and documents business impacts and recovery strategy.
2. Risk Assessment, Evaluation and Control – Conducts risk assessments to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of existing business continuity and cyber incident response plans preparations; determines the impact of any proposed changes to critical business processes, applications and systems and develops, designs, and implements recommendations to mitigate risks.
3. Business Impact (BIA) Analysis – Performs college-wide in depth analysts of business functions based on initial risk assessment; determines critical functions and staffs while collaborating with ITS to ensure Plan Owners, ERM and ITS will concur on critical functions and how they will be supported during a disruption.
4. Plan Implementation and Documentation – Creates BCRM teams within each Plan Owner’s function; trains selected individual in the BIA process; assumes responsibility for ensuring the development of recovery plans by each function. Delivers a Continuity of Operations Plan to each VP area and an overall BCP for the college.
5. Awareness Programs and Training – Develops programs and procedures regarding business continuity, disaster recovery and emergency protocol for all areas of the college and educate staff, students and faculty on BCM. Creates professional development for all staff and participates with College Security in bringing awareness to students annually.
6. Business continuity Plan (BCP) Exercises – Plans, coordinates, conducts, implements and documents continuity response exercises to assess the effectiveness of business continuity resilience and response plans and assists in remediation efforts to address identified gaps. Creates professional development for all staff and participates with College Security in bringing awareness to students annually. With the assistance of staff periodically test contingency plans; collaborates with ITS to facilitate the development and maintenance of IT Disaster Recovery Plans; ensures all contingency plans are tested within a three year cycle. Keeps abreast of all tests and present results and learnings to senior management.
7. Audit and Maintenance – Ensures maintenance of plans through annual review and business owners updates as changes take place. Semi-annually conducts a comprehensive assessment to ascertain the program effectiveness. Works with ITS to ensure critical functions, equipment, software are supported. Provides reports to management semi-annually.
8. Coordination with Plan Owners and External Agencies – conducts meetings with Plan owners, first responders and insurance providers ensuring plans are updated and available to management teams in the event of a disruption
9. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
· Ability to work with senior management seeking buy-in for changes in procedures determine those employees that are critical to resilience, and recommend spending on equipment necessary for continuity in the event of interruption
· Ability to represent the college with other community colleges and local government in developing plans, procedures and creating alliances that will respond in the event of an occurrence
· Extensive knowledge of business continuity planning, information technology, business interruption and business operations best practices, principles and strategies
· Extensive know how in developing and maintaining business continuity plans, conducting business impact assessments and organizing and overseeing business continuity exercises
· Expert SharePoint know-how
· Proven Project Management capabilities; Demonstrated facilitation and collaboration skills
· Ability to communicate and interface with diverse groups (both internal and external)
· Detail oriented with strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
· Ability to identify potential impacts of business risk and manage those risks effectively
· Ability to plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously meeting established deadlines and overall project objectives
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact