Closes: Sunday, September 19, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Continuity, Risk Management, Finance, Safety or related field; and four- six years of experience in one or more of the following: Strategic Risk Management, Business Continuity Planning, Contingency Planning, or Crisis Management.
* Work environment may involve some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions; work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
* Prone to interruptions and possibly irregular hours.
* Subject to respond to varying and unpredictable situations.
* Accountable to respond to emergency situations.
Conditions of Employment
* Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check
* Maintain a valid driver's license with a good driving record
* Maintain update on applicable/required certifications
* CPR and Basic First Aid Certification; if not currently certified, must be obtained within 90 days of employment
* Experience working in an educational environment.
* Experience managing business continuity within an organization; knowledge of emergency management and disaster recovery concepts, principles, and practices.
* Training beyond Bachelor's Degree, a certification in Project Management (PMP), Emergency Management from FEMA or similar agency/authority, Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) or other related industry certification.
Director, Business Continuity positions are available in the Risk, Safety & Security (Business Continuity/Emergency Management Department located on Central Campus, Drumm Facility.
Anticipated hiring date: October 13, 2021
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday - Evenings, weekends may be frequent or as needed.
Hours per week: 40 (Extended hours may occur as needed)
Business Continuity and Emergency Management is responsible for establishing, evaluating and maintaining Business Continuity /Emergency Management plans, protocols and practices. Business Continuity and Emergency Management is responsible for all campus locations and responding to Emergency Management related events which may be weather, hazardous or other crisis related events. The department is also responsible for training and strategically working with all areas of the college to develop and maintain business continuity plans.
The Director of Business Continuity (BC) will lead Central Piedmont's enterprise-wide business continuity efforts working collaboratively across the college to define business continuity and resilience requirements and document business impacts and recovery strategies. The focus of the Director will be both strategic, designing required programs and practices, as well s tactical, working on the ground implementation. The Director will be responsible to drive and deliver Business Continuity commitment, support, ownership, accountability and results. The Director will also provide assistance to the Emergency Management program, Security, Enterprise Risk Management, Environmental Health & Safety and other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President of Risk, Safety and Security.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead a coordinated business continuity program in alignment with continuity best practices. Establish a framework and methodology for completion of continuity plans and continuous cycle of update, validation, and corrective action. Remain well-informed of and implement best practices and industry wide standards wherever practical to support and improve the program.
2. Identify key components that serve as the basis for continuity plans and programs. Implement standard Risk Assessment, Business Impact Analysis, and other Business Continuity tools and capabilities. Collaborate with Information Technology Services to ensure consensus on critical functions and how they will be supported during a disruption.
3. Drives and delivers effective Business Continuity strategies to support and, in time of disaster, recover Central Piedmont's critical business functions.
4. Coordinate with and support Emergency Management with preparation for crisis and support crisis response efforts.
5. Create, assist, maintain, monitor, and validate Business Continuity Plans within the business continuity tracking tool; coordinate with units/oversee writing of Business Continuity Plans across the College.
6. Develop programs and procedures regarding business continuity, disaster recovery and emergency protocol for all areas of the college and educate staff, students and faculty on Business Continuity and Emergency Management.
7. Establish a coordinated program for training, communication, testing and exercising of plans, using a building block approach to build staff, student and faculty knowledge and confidence. Direct the continuous and regular validation and testing of documented Business Continuity plans; create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
8. In collaboration with College Security Services and Community Relations, develop effective and efficient procedures for emergency communication.
9. Conduct significant internal and external coordination with key partners, across business units, and with key external partners ensuring plans are updated and available to management teams in the event of a disruption.
10. Attend professional meetings and participate in training or other educational offerings to update professional knowledge regarding new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Ability to work with senior management seeking buy-in for changes in procedures and recommend spending on equipment necessary for continuity in the event of interruption
* Ability to represent the college with other community colleges and local government in developing plans, procedures and creating alliances that will respond in the event of an occurrence
* Extensive knowledge of business continuity planning, information technology, business interruption and business operations best practices, principles and strategies
* Extensive know how in developing and maintaining business continuity plans, conducting business impact analysis and organizing and overseeing business continuity exercises
* Proven Project Management capabilities
* Demonstrated facilitation and collaboration skills
* Ability to communicate and interface with diverse groups (both internal and external); strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Detail oriented with strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
* Ability to identify potential impacts of business risk and manage those risks effectively
* Ability to plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously meeting established deadlines and overall project objectives
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact