VGCC Main Campus
Henderson, NC 27536
Closes: Friday, June 15, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance or related field, and 3 to 5 years of general ledger accounting experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
• Knowledge in GAAP and GASB as well as governmental accounting practice.
• Previous experience with using Datatel (Colleague) software program.
• Supervises and directs the fiscal activities and operations of the Business Services Department, including the payroll, accounts payable and receivable, cash receipting and student financial functions, in accordance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
• Reconciles accounts receivable to the general ledger, Endowment fund books to Fundraising books, and Bookstore daily/monthly sales activity, preparing general and standard journal entries as needed.
• Reconciles all bank statement accounts, including Bookstore, Satellite Campuses, State, Federal, County and Institutional; posts monthly activity to ensure bank accounts balance to the general ledger.
• Tracks satellite daily cash analysis deposits to Institutional funds, including making bi-monthly transfers and writing checks.
• Performs necessary cost allocations for satellite campus facility charges and the Merchant/Official Payment account.
• Performs monthly procurement card journal entries as needed.
• Verifies cash receipts received through the mail.
• Maintains escheat and abandoned property reporting and submits to the NC State Treasurer.
• Assists Accounts Receivable & Third Party Billing Coordinator with outstanding Financial Aid checks.
• Reviews and provides final approval for payment of all Travel-related authorizations, expenditures and reimbursement requests.
• Processes monthly Sales & Use Tax to the North Carolina Department of Revenue.
• Reviews all accounts payable check runs generated by Accounts Payable Specialist.
• Serves as second back up for head cashier.
• Communicates with various College personnel to provide accounting information and support; communicates with outside contacts regarding financial information and other accounting related issues.
• Maintains knowledge of internal control requirements, reviewing existing controls, and suggesting improvements to existing internal controls to the Vice President of Finance and Operations.
• Audits various duty functions within the Department and report any irregularities or concerns to the Vice President of Finance and Operations.
• Trains and evaluates assigned Business Services Department staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including projects and committee work.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance-Granville Community College
Human Resources Department
252-492-2061 Ext. 3440