- Skilled Crafts
Closes: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates degree in Culinary Arts, Business Administration or related field.
- ServSafe certification.
- At least two years of food service management and food service supervision experience.
- Experience in catering.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and computerized cash register systems.
- Culinary Arts certificate.
- One-year experience in a higher education food service setting.
- One-year experience using commercial kitchen equipment.
The Campus Food Services Director provides leadership and supervision in staffing, planning, budgeting, organizing, directing, and controlling the operational activities of the campus food services. This may include day-to-day operations of the SCC Café, catered events, and vending services to provide customers with quality products at a reasonable price. The position requires someone who is innovative and understands the goals of the department and college. This position reports to the Vice President of Administrative Services and CFO
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recruit, hire, supervise and train Café staff to provide a safe, clean, and sanitary working environment in compliance with health requirements.
- Schedule SCC Café staff appropriately to maximize operational efficiencies; coordinate the activities of part-time staff and arranges coverage in their absence.
- Assist customers of the Café with questions and concerns.
- Order food and supplies and track day-to-day inventory as needed to meet projected menus.
- Inspect food and/or supply deliveries for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality, and specifications of orders and/or complying with current health standards.
- Update prices as needed to ensure profit goals are met.
- Process all accounts payable information for the Café and submit it to the SCC Business Office for payment.
- Develop weekly menus and specials and distribute them to appropriate audiences.
- Minimize daily waste by monitoring daily sales and activity, while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Ensure safe and correct use of all equipment.
- Prepare Daily Cash Analysis of sales and ensure deposit in the SCC Business Office.
- Develop menu and pricing for internal catering events.
- Plan and coordinate internal catering activities as needed.
- Ensure that catering meals are delivered on time to meet quality and quantity expectations.
- Oversee vending services at all campus locations.
- Assist in determining equipment needs and in the purchase of equipment.
- Direct the cleaning of the dining area, kitchen and storage areas.
- Inventory tracking and reporting as required.
- Working non-traditional hours.
- Marketing of the Café to maximize sales and profits.
- Prepare and compile requested reports.
- Participates in SCC committees.
- Attend trainings, workshops, or tradeshows related to the food service industry.
- Stay abreast of all Stanly Community College policies and procedures directly and indirectly related to the Cafeteria.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Current ServSafe Certification
- Participate in additional ServSafe Training and certifications
- Learn how to cross-train staff.
- Food production line training
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001