Closes: Monday, November 28, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Required kind and number years of work experience:
- 6 months of security, law enforcement or military police experience
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of NC Criminal Law
- Knowledge of CCTV equipment and basic security equipment
- Read and understand related policies and procedures
- Work independently with little or no supervision
Required license or certificate:
- Valid NC Driver’s License
- First Aid, CPR & AED
- AAS degree in Criminal Justice
- 5+ years of law enforcement experience
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Director of Campus Security reports directly to the VP of Student Services. This position is responsible for assisting the college administration in maintaining a safe and secure learning environment on all CCCC campuses.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Direct the development of emergency contingency plans for all natural and other disasters and provide training to staff.
- Direct the development, implementation, and maintenance of an Emergency Response Plan for the College.
- Coordinate all security programs at all campus sites; responsible for oversight and liaison with contracted security services.
- Responsible for planning security for all special events and functions of the College.
- Establish and maintain liaison with local law enforcement agencies.
- Establish and maintain a collection and reporting system for campus criminal activity. The system should insure that crime statistics are available and current.
- Promote security and safety awareness throughout the college by keeping staff informed on proper procedures.
- Serve as a permanent member of the college’s Health and Safety Committee.
- Monitor inclement weather situations and coordinate action plans with senior administrators.
- Insure compliance with all state and institutional traffic and parking laws, rules, and regulations.
- Carry out other duties assigned by the VP of Student Services.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Director of Campus Security & Safety will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.