Closes: Friday, July 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Curriculum Design, Instructional Technology, Online Education, Higher Education Leadership, or a related field.
Minimum three years’ experience as an instructional faculty or staff member in higher education, including online instruction; Experience with researching and implementing educational technology solutions, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position.
Minimum four years’ experience using best practices for instructional technologies.
Experience administering complex projects and monitoring budgets.
Ability to work effectively with professionals in an academic setting.
Must be physically able to perform job duties.
- Seven years’ experience as an instructional faculty or staff member in higher education, including online instruction.
- Experience with faculty development and training.
- A minimum of four years’ experience with accessibility topics in an academic setting, including knowledge of individual accommodations, creation and remediation of digital content, and familiarity with campus resources to develop and support accessibility.
This position is responsible for providing leadership and support for course design, course delivery, and emerging learning technologies regardless of teaching modality through faculty professional development and instructional design. This position provides faculty development to advance new initiatives that promote student success. Services and programs provided include, but are not limited to, the following: the advancement of teaching excellence regardless of modality, course development and transformation based on enhancing student engagement and learning outcomes, and the effective use of technology and quality course design.
The individual in the position will work collaboratively with credit and non-credit program leadership to support full and part-time faculty to advance teaching and learning to promote student success.
This position reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Evaluate emerging learning technologies as they apply to instruction.
- Recommend and promote best practices for teaching and learning.
- Assist faculty with implementing and assessing instructional methods and technologies to advance quality of instructions.
- Work effectively with faculty to develop and maintain guidelines, policies, and procedures for the CTL.
- Develop, coordinate and assist in collaborative training for new faculty orientation and other instructional professional development programs.
- Develop and maintain a resource library in best practices in teaching, learning, leadership, and curricular assessment.
- Implement a quality, design, and delivery assessment process for courses.
- Develop and coordinate a review process for courses regardless of modality.
- Assist faculty with the development of effective assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Provide pedagogical expertise in consultation with faculty to advance teaching in each instructional modality.
- Provide direction in the design, implementation, and assessment of professional development programs designed to assist faculty at all career stages.
- Meet with academic departments and deans regarding faculty development needs and issues.
- Support new initiatives and strategic goals in the strategic plan.
- Develop, deliver, and coordinate professional development opportunities that support effective teaching practices.
- Promote a campus culture that values and recognizes the importance of teaching excellence and student learning.
- Provide supervision to the staff in the CTL.
- Coordinate the activities of the eLearning Committee.
- Lead the CTL’s program planning, review, and institutional effectiveness efforts.
Business Services Support
- Recommend a departmental budget.
- Development bid specifications for instructional equipment, materials, and supplies as needed.
- Monitor departmental expenditures to ensure expenditures are within the financial resources allocated to the program.
- Support college policies and procedures.
- Participate in Rockingham Community College, North Carolina Community College System, and other authorized professional development programs.
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed.
- Pursue local, state, regional, or national certifications that qualify one’s work against recognized standards in his or her field.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Academic Affairs and/or the President of Rockingham Community College.
- The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.