- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, December 19, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally and nationally accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Minimum four years’ of full time experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) with two years’ experience in clinical respiratory care; minimum two years in a teaching experience in an accredited respiratory therapy program, either as an appointed faculty member, or as a clinical preceptor.
Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC); a current, valid license to practice as Registered Respiratory Care Practitioner in the State of North Carolina.
see minimun qualifications
The Director of Clinical Education [DCE] is a professional, credentialed educator responsible for the organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness for clinical experiences. The DCE is responsible for providing a quality learning experiences for Rockingham Community College [RCC] students and planning, organizing, promoting, and teaching appropriate courses for RCC. The DCE is expected to perform all instruction-related duties in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies, and procedures of the College, the North Carolina Community College System, and in accordance with the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Therapy Care [CoARC].
Curriculum and Instruction
•Planning and organizing the curriculum as approved by the RCC Board of Trustees, the North CarolinaCommunity College System, and other accrediting entities.
•Evaluating student performance during clinical experiences in an ongoing manner and communicating studentprogress to the Program Director.
•Developing appropriate student clinical schedules.
•Maintaining the currency of clinical affiliate agreements/contracts
•Resolving any conflicts in the clinical environment and communicating conflicts and resolutions to the ProgramDirector in an ongoing and timely manner.
•Developing, with other program faculty and appropriate administration, program level competencies that outlineexpected student learning outcomes.
•Identifying and/or developing instructional materials needed to teach the program competencies prescribed in theapproved curriculum by Rockingham Community College, the North Carolina Community College System, andother accrediting entities.
•Developing course syllabi that outline clear and appropriate student learning outcomes and expectations thatreflect program competencies.
•Utilizing the course description set forth in the North Carolina Community College System combined courselibrary when developing or assessing student learning outcome.
•Providing leadership in the development of appropriate assessments of established learning outcomes for allcourses taught in the program.
•Reporting student progress in mastering established learning outcomes based on identified and approvedassessments.
•Implementing and providing effective instruction which demonstrates appropriate knowledge of his/herspecialized field in accordance with best practice literature.
•Teaching an appropriate instructional course load in accordance with policies outlined in the InstructionalProcedures Manual.
•Demonstrating the effective use of pedagogical methods to meet various student learning styles.
•Administering appropriate assessment and/or testing to measure student learning outcomes in all courses.
•Maintaining appropriate classroom standards that include the effective management of students in the classroomand the management of classroom and lab facilities.
• Ordering textbooks, instructional materials, and supplies as needed for instruction following established procedures.
• Developing and recommending class schedules cooperatively with other departments and divisions of the college and submitting to the appropriate Dean or where applicable, Department Chair.
• Identifying and/or recommending equipment needed to teach the competencies prescribed in the approved curriculum by the RCC Board of Trustees, the North Carolina Community College System, and accrediting entities.
• Maintaining compliance with established North Carolina Community College System performance measures, national benchmarks, etc. for the appropriate curriculum as prescribed by the North Carolina Community College System and accrediting entities.
• Providing timely and accurate reports including 10% reports, grade reports, and other required reports related to instruction.
• Recommending adjunct faculty to the appropriate Dean or where applicable, Department Chair to teach courses as needed in his or her assigned program.
Student Development Support
• Maintaining posted office hours in accordance with requirements outlined in the Instructional Procedures Manual.
• Being available to students on a regular basis for out-of-class tutorial support in the courses he or she is assigned to teach.
• Recruiting students for his or her respective program and other programs of Rockingham Community College.
• Serving as an academic advisor to students with advising responsibilities in the assigned program relative to course requirements, expectations, and completion standards.
• Participating in the college’s registration and orientation sessions as assigned.
• Maintaining student files within the department as required by the accreditation agency and state and/or local policy.
• Referring students to Student Development personnel for guidance, counseling, and resource assistance following prescribed procedures on an as needed basis.
• Coordinating retention strategies with the appropriate program faculty, other Department Chairs, Program Coordinators, appropriate administration, and Student Services personnel to maximize student retention.
• Providing job placement assistance to graduates of the assigned program.
• Providing assistance and information for student follow-up reports and demographics as required by state or local policy and/or reports.
• Sponsoring and supporting program enrichment activities, particularly student organizations.
Administrative/Business Services Support
• Developing bid specifications for instructional equipment, materials, and supplies for the assigned program.
• Complying with Fiscal Management System policies and procedures set forth for RCC.
• Working a minimum of a 38-hour workweek in accordance with policies outlined in the Instructional Procedures Manual.
• Assisting with the implementation and enforcement of all official policies and procedures of Rockingham Community College.
• Attending meetings, conferences, seminars, briefings, and training sessions called to expedite the business of the college.
• Attending extracurricular functions such as graduation, campus fund drives, etc. that promote the collegiate life.
• Serving on local, state, regional and/or national committees upon request and/or approval from the administration.
• Serving on college committees as assigned to expedite college business and to be involved in the decision-making process of the college.
• Striving to exhibit a personal and professional attitude that reflects positively upon the individual and the public perception of the community college.
• Participating in the activities of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges Quality Enhancement Plans as required.
Public Relations Support
• Maintaining effective intra-institution relationships with members of the Board of Trustees, President’s Senior Staff, Administrative Staff, faculty, and support personnel of the service area.
• Promoting Rockingham Community College with local, state, regional, and national citizenry.
• Participating in Rockingham Community College, North Carolina Community College System, and other authorized professional development programs upon request.
• Pursuing professional development courses, seminars, workshops, and institutes designed to enrich and/or enhance the quality of instruction delivered in the classroom and/or laboratory.
• Pursuing local, state, regional, or national certifications that qualify one’s work against recognized standards in his or her field.
-Performing other duties as assigned by the appropriate Program Director/Department Chair, Dean, and Vice President for Academic Affairs and/or the President of Rockingham Community College.