Closes: Monday, November 20, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in subject area, education, adult education, or related field
- Two years’ experience in adult education
- Two years’ management experience
- Two years’ experience in course development
- Two years’ teaching experience in secondary or post-secondary education
- Master’s degree in Adult Education, Counseling, or related field.
- Five years’ experience in adult education
- Three years’ experience working with high school students in an advising/counseling capacity
- Three years’ management experience
- Three years’ experience in course development
- Five years’ teaching experience in secondary or post-secondary education
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: This position reports directly to the Vice President for Workforce Development & Continuing Education. The Director of College and Career Readiness (CCR) facilitates adult learning by developing and assessing the system of learning opportunities for adult learners who choose to enter CCR programs. Through collaboration with the staff of Workforce Development & Continuing Education and other college faculty and staff, the Director provides assistance to students in setting and obtaining goals for CCR program(s) learning and/or making the transition to post-secondary education or training. The director will be responsible for all programs within College and Career Readiness including; GED/High School Equivalency, Adult High School (AHS), English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Adult Basic Life-Skills Education (ABLE), and any other Adult Basic Education programs within CCR.
- Supervise, support, and evaluate the staff in CCR.
- Evaluate all programs in CCR to ensure on-going compliance and program and employee accountability.
- Ensure record keeping requirements are accurate, current, and meet all compliance requirements.
- Hold accountability for issues that pertain to CCR monitoring visits.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of students for CCR.
- Create a Student Retention Plan with measurable strategies in accordance with established CCR program procedures. Ensure that those implementing the Plan are held accountable for meeting compliance issues and producing positive results.
- Collaborate with the Vice President for Workforce Development & Continuing Education to select and/or develop appropriate instructional materials within program guidelines to be used in all CCR programs.
- Prepare a master schedule of course offerings each semester that meet the needs of the CCR programs and students, establishing new classes as the need indicates at various locations in Randolph County.
- Provide assessment and academic advisement to CCR students and provide follow up contact to ensure student needs are met.
- Provide effective and relevant instruction appropriate to level, needs, and goals of students.
- Attend state-level meetings as required.
- Supervise and evaluate CCR program faculty and staff in accordance with policy
- Recruit, interview, and appoint credentialed faculty for CCR programs and maintain appropriate faculty records.
- Submit all hiring documents and verification of credentials for all CCR faculty to the appropriate parties.
- Orient new faculty.
- Supervise and evaluate the operation of all classes and CCR faculty in accordance with policy, including classroom observations.
- Create and monitor employee Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs), when warranted.
- Assist CCR faculty in developing instructional materials, instructional delivery, and classroom management.
- Assign teaching schedules for CCR faculty within workload policy guidelines.
- Serve as the resource person to CCR faculty.
- Provide ongoing professional development opportunities for CCR.
- Facilitate the communication of departmental and/or college information to CCR faculty.
- Facilitate the selection and ordering of textbooks.
- Manage any conflict within department, striving to find an amicable resolution.
- Review, evaluate, and assess CCR programs periodically, facilitating innovation in curricular and instructional development in keeping with the mission and vision of the College.
- Ensure programs are in full compliance with the requirements for accreditation, certification, and other standards as stipulated by NCCCS.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with those agencies and other organizations within the community/industry which are pertinent to the departmental programs and to prospective graduates.
- Establish and maintain an effective advisory committee in support of CCR programs.
- Recommend departmental needs for personnel, equipment, supplies, facilities, and other resources during the annual planning process to the Vice President for Workforce Development & Continuing Education through the Good to Great and budget processes.
- Coordinate the requisition of resources and services, including equipment, supplies, facilities and other materials required for the effective delivery of instruction.
- Manage the departmental budget, regularly monitoring the status of expenditures and implementing inventory control methods.
- Remain current in discipline and instructional methods Participate in program, departmental and institutional meetings and other announced co-curricular activities of the College.
- Ensure the confidentiality of educational records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures.
- Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205