Blue Ridge Community College, Flat Rock, North Carolina.
Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Join Our Team!
Blue Ridge Community College is currently accepting applications for a Director of Communications & Marketing. The Director of Communications & Marketing serves as the College’s Public Information Officer and directs all communications and marketing functions of Blue Ridge Community College. The position reports to the Vice President of Advancement and to the College President.
Who We Are
Blue Ridge Community College is a two-year, comprehensive post-secondary institution serving Henderson and Transylvania counties in North Carolina. The College offers more than 100 programs of study, a wide range of college transfer courses, and one of the largest continuing education programs in the state. Its mission is to provide quality education and training opportunities that support student learning, enhance student advancement and success, and meet the workforce needs of the community.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited institution is required.
Experience: 5-10 years of related experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Cloud (InDesign (proficient), Photoshop); Microsoft Office, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; Google/G-Suite; WordPress; Hootsuite (post to social media platform); Constant Contact.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Knowledge of communication and marketing techniques across various media formats and channels.
- Knowledge of print production processes and standards.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
Physical Demands: The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact