200 W. Jones Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
Closes: Thursday, December 2, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and five (5) years of progressively experience related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preference will be given applicants who are certified public accountants and/or persons holding a master’s degree in a relevant field.
~THIS POSITION IS EXEMPT FROM THE STATE HUMAN RESOURCES ACT (EPA) per GS 115D-3~
The purpose of this position is to provide state level consultation in the development and administration of accountability and compliance reviews and processes throughout the Community College System.
The Director of Compliance Services will provide leadership in compliance review trends and accountability improvement for the North Carolina Community College System. Areas of concentration will include collaborating with System Office program staff as well as other areas of the System Office regarding compliance review findings which require their professional expertise, planning and development of college staff training regarding areas effecting accountability, organizing professional development activities for college staff, and providing consulting assistance concerning best practices for accountability. The Director of Compliance reports to the General Counsel and supervises and lead a team of four (4) Education Program Examiners with duties include:
- Scheduling and leading Compliance Services team meetings.
- Reviewing and editing compliance review reports, coaching letters, and all other correspondence originating in Compliance Services.
- Select a statistically valid sample of course section records for each college review to ensure reported FTE included in budget full-time equivalent calculations is consistent with State Board of Community Colleges Code (SBCCC).
- Serves as a liaison to System Office Programs staff to ensure open communication on all developments related to programming and the impact on compliance review process.
- Conducts professional development sessions for college staff and compliance examiners, presents at conferences, workshops and seminars on compliance topics and updates.
- Consults with college staff, System Office staff, and others on matters of importance to the compliance process and the strategic plan for the NC Community College System.
The duty station for this position can be located at the System Office in Raleigh, or at one of the 58 Community Colleges. This position will require occasional travel throughout the State to perform or assist an Examiner in a routine compliance review to the 58 Community Colleges and may require overnight stay.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/AND ABILITIES: The person must be articulate and skilled in working with a variety of levels of people in business, industry and educational institutions.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise training materials and presentations and to express oneself clearly and in an organized manner in oral and written communication;
- Ability to perform/assist with compliance reviews;
- Ability to analyze data to determine compliance;
- Ability to determine non-compliance with policies and procedures;
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely in oral and written form;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship.
PREFERENCES: Knowledge of state laws related to community colleges (G.S. 115D) and the State Board of Community Colleges Code. This person should have experience with curriculum and continuing education programs and processes for administering said programs, as well as implementation of guidelines and policies at the community college or state education level. Must possess a working knowledge of Title I of the State Board Code and policies approved by the State Board of Community Colleges. A thorough knowledge of trends and developments which affect community college instruction is required.
How to Apply
The North Carolina Community College System Office uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions SUBJECT to the Office of State Human Resources Act (OSHR) with highly qualified individuals.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must complete the online process at https://www.nc.gov/jobs, Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Work history and credentials must appear on the application to receive consideration during the selection process.
Job Post Contact
APRIL TIBBS, RECRUITMENT ADMINISTRATOR
North Carolina Community College System
Human Resources | Caswell Building
5001 Mail Service Center | Raleigh, NC 27699-5001
Phone: (919) 807-7177 | Fax: (919) 807-7222